El Silencio is a bit hard to get to, but if you want to experience the rainforest, this is a great place to go. The location is beautiful, the staff is great, interesting and fun, and the good is excellent. We did many activities there including a trip to a coffee plantation, a trip to a cocoa plantation, hikes in the rain forest, horseback riding in the rain forest, and more. They were well priced and well organized. The staff is fantastic and very personable! The food in the restaurant is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-Suite and Private Villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons, and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (Minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro