My husband and I stayed here recently after spending a few days at the sister property, Hotel Punta Islita (I have also posted a review on that property).
The El Silencio Lodge was one of the top destinations where we have ever stayed among our many travels. We were warmly greeted by the manager, Andrey. Our bags were promptly taken to our room and we were quickly fed (since we had just made a long trip, the quick meal was greatly appreciated!). Afterwards, we were given a thorough tour of the property and all of the amenities available, including the personal phone numbers of some of the staff in case we ever had any issues.
The property itself is gorgeous. The rooms were clean and well maintained and beautifully decorated. There was ample space for storage and I absolutely loved the sitting deck with rocking chairs. I spent many a peaceful morning there just watching the hummingbirds. There was an electronic in-room safe and all doors/windows locked securely. Turn-down service was superb (twice daily) and always included warm bottles in the bed so it was cozy when we went to sleep (what a great touch!). There are about 6 miles of hiking trails, which includes three waterfalls (yep, you can get in one of them!). All the trails were clearly marked and well maintained.
The service was also outstanding! The restaurant wait staff was extremely attentive and was very conscientious of dietary needs. There were tons of food choices and everything was excellent--especially for foodies! We even got to help cook one of our own meals, which was very interesting. My only suggestion here was that everything was prix fixe and I would have preferred an a la carte menu to allow for more small tastings and no obligation of daily dessert. The spa staff was also very respectful and paid attention to all of the smallest details. I thought the spa prices were fairly reasonable also. Our eco-concierge, Vinicio, truly made our trip special! He was there for every need that we had, but was never pushy or overbearing. He organized quite a few special (and surprise) activities for us based on our personalities or random comments that we made.
There were also a lot of other small details that made this property truly special. They offer complementary sandal/shoe cleaning (which was done to the detail!), laundry service, laminated hiking maps (so they don't get wet or crunched in your backpack), fresh flowers in the room, complementary snacks restocked daily and they actually do clean the rooms (scrub the floor, toilets, etc).
We already can’t wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-Suite and Private Villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons, and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (Minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Splendia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro