“Poor service poor food” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The highly acclaimed AA rosette restaurant is the perfect place to unwind after a day exploring the Peak District. The restaurant and alfresco dining area overlooks lovely gardens and enjoys panoramic views of the Derwent Valley.A wide selection of quality wines is available and there are always several vegetarian and vegan options on offer. A wide range of meals and snacks are also available in the Bar. Visit our website for sample menus or call to make your reservation.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Poor service poor food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunchtime on Sunday 5 May the service was very slow and the portion of seabream miniscule and cold as was the mash it was served with. Staff coulf not control air conditioning so sat in a cold draft for some 2 hours.
Very dissapointing and could not recommend venue

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MaynardHotel, Manager at The Maynard, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Naturally we are disappointed that your experience was not a pleasant one, as we always pride ourselves in the standard of service and quality of food we produce.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly in hope that we can discuss in more detail.

Barlow, United Kingdom
“Classy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Myself and my wife ate here a couple of nights ago. We know the venue well, as we held our wedding here last year.

The food is reasonably priced for such a venue and was of a high standard... in particular, the cauliflower soup was out of this world!

The service was excellent, nothing was too much for the waitress who was helpful and non intrusive throughout the meal.

All in all, an excellent meal and we'll be sure to come back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MaynardHotel, Manager at The Maynard, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review on The Maynard. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable meal with us and found the food and service to such a high standard.

We will look forward to welcoming you to The Maynard again in the future.

Norfolk
“Gluten free heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Love this boutique hotel! Nothing was too much trouble! I had my first ever gluten free fish chips & mushy peas since going gluten free a year ago! AWESOME! Only downside was the wifi was rubbish! No great hardship to be honest! Had a great stay, and our dog enjoyed herself too! She was obviously good as she was given a dog biscuit in the bar ;0)

• Visited April 2013
MaynardHotel, Manager at The Maynard, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review on the hotel.

I am sorry to hear you had problems with the WIFI, we are due to have an IT engineer to come and look at it improving it.

We always aim to cater for all allergies and special eating requirements, so that there is plenty of choice and the food is to the same high standard as the regular meals, so I am delighted you found them...AWESOME!

We love having dogs and I am glad she enjoyed her trip out as much as you. If you ask the staff for a photo next time you come we'll be sure to get it on our facebook pages and website!

“Fabulous...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have passed The Maynard many times on my motorcycle during numerous summer ride outs and always liked the look of it, it looked so welcoming. My wife and I have just spent Easter Sunday night here,we also dined in the restaurant in the evening. Everything was to our liking. The staff, who all appear to be young, were enthusiastic and efficient. We highly recommend The Maynard.

• Visited March 2013
MaynardHotel, Manager at The Maynard, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your excellent reivew on The Maynard. I am delighted that you found everything to your liking and had such an enjoyable stay and meal with us.

We do aim to hire the younger generation and further train them in the hospitality industry to enhance what several of them are studying at university, so I am delighted that you found the service to a high standard.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Maynard again in the future.

Hugh Skelton
“Exceptional food and service in wonderful surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was taken there for a Mother's Day treat by my son and daughter , we each had the three course meal, I'm a vegetarian and it was easily the best vegetarian meal I have eaten ( I had the Chestnut and Pumpkin Gnocchi) , my son and daughter both really enjoyed their meat and fish dishes too. The staff were very freindly and attentive , we dined in the upper floor dining room with wonderful views over the Peak District in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. My children are both grown up but there were families there with younger children who appeared to be well catered for . I will definately visit there again and cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Visited March 2013
MaynardHotel, Manager at The Maynard, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your very positive review of The Maynard.

I am delighted you all had such an enjoyable meal. Our chefs aim to not only cater for but also provide a wide choice and same standard of quality for all special eating requirements as well as welcoming all age groups.

I hope we will be able to welcome you to The Maynard again in the future.