“Great start to a holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great start to a holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Visited here on our first night, the menu is helpfully translated - especially useful as our Italian is rusty. I had a starter of local beans followed by cannelloni stuffed with lake fish and courgettes. Both were really well cooked and tasty. My husband ate the mixed meat starter followed by cappelletti stuffer with beef and pork, he enjoyed both

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very good restaurant in interesting village with beautiful views to Lake Trasimino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

After a visit to Lake Trasimino, chanced upon this lovely village up in the hills. Lovely drive to get there. The village square is enclosed and on a steep slope, Lillo Tatini being at its highest point. It is well worth the walk up the square to eat at this restaurant. Daily specials at lunchtimes as well as the main menu. Ate twice at lunchtime (it was so good we returned) and once in the evening and enjoyed every visit. Meatballs with mashed potato were fantastic, as was pasta with simple tomato sauce and also Aubergine slices. Owners are very friendly and speak enough English for us to ask what the different dishes were. Ingredients of a very high quality and cooked to perfection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding pasta and local dishes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family and I have tried several restaurants around the area. When doing so I always try the pasta and the local flair of the region..First off I really liked the view and the decor is just cozy and classy. The homemade pasta is second to none and the wild boar dishes are delicious. They also had some local fish and beans from the region. Everything about the restaurant was excellent. The service was great and what was most enjoyable was the time spent getting to know the owners and their family.. We only got that at one other restaurant and it makes so much more of an enjoyable evening. Just great food and great times.. A definite can't miss place to go while in the Umbrian region.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Another great meal and relaxing time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Finally got to get back with the family and enjoyed another great night of conversation (english speaking) and food. Tried some of the local food and vino that I did not try from our last visit. We got there around 6 and didn't leave until 9pm.. Not because of the service but because of the wonderful conversation and time enjoying all courses. The meal from start to finish once again was excellent and never disappoints. I had to ask where she got her taste in decor because it is so classy inside and understated. If you don't eat there, just check out the inside of the restaurant to see how cozy and well appointed it is.(have not seen another like it in region with such style) Nothing better then leaving a meal full, satisfiedand smiling because the night was so enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paciano, Italy
“Sorry, mammothsales 24, good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had several meals at this restaurant (since it was a favorite of some of my guests), so I got a good sampling of both the food and the service. The service is good. Attentive, but not suffocating. There was, however, a tendency for the owner and server to push higher-priced wines. The food is good, but I didn't find it to be worthy of many of the raves I've read. I have been visiting this area for many years and this restaurant was never recommended to me by any local (Italian or ex-pat). I was surprised, when a friend that was coming to see me while there told me it was so highly rated. I wondered how in the world I'd missed it. It turned out I hadn't. I'd been there before, but had forgotten about it.

I didn't find anything especially different or excellent on the menu or in their specials. I also found that they were charging more for their offerings than other restaurants in the area that are of the same caliber. (Maybe cashing in on TripAdvisor ratings?)

While the terrace is nice, cars drive right next to it going into the upper part of the town. 2 of the 3 times we were there, our "view" was of people unloading their vans and we were "treated" to a dozen or more cars downshifting to make it up the hill. Panicale has unmatched views of the valley. If you want to enjoy those views and a very nice meal, Mausolino's might be a better choice.

This is, in my view, a good restaurant, but I wouldn't feel like I missed something if I didn't eat here.

• Visited June 2012