We have just returned from a week at the Cotillo Beach Hotel and had a wonderful time. The hotel is well maintained, spotlessly clean and run by a team that were always helpful, friendly, smiling and efficient.
The rooms we well appointed, equipped to a high standard, well cared for and kept very clean. The restaurant offered a good selection of hot and cold food that will suit all tastes, certainly for a week anyway. The guy's and one lady, working on the tables were great, very efficient and always smiling and laughing with guests and it was usually one of these 3 manning the bar in the afternoons and evenings.
The entertainment in the evening was a tad cheesy, but then you're not staying Las Vegas ! It consisted of requested music, live music and dancing and depends on the other guests be up for some fun, luckily we had a group of French holidaymakers who fell into this category. My only slight gripe would be that all drinks were served in plastic cups as opposed to glasses (the exception to this was at meal times when wine / beer could be had in a glass), as I sad very minor gripe.
Overall very impressed and have already started to make enquires as to returning next year, which I suppose says everything really.
Three tips for a great stay in Cotillo :-
1. If you want to walk to the Lighthouse (30mins), come out of the hotel and turn right and keep wakling until you pass the last building on the left. 30 metres past this there is a turning to the left onto a dirt track that runs parallel to the road, take this path (it leads to El Concho Beach). Once you are opposite the Azzurro Bar/Restaurant cut back up to the road and follow it around the corner where you will see a lonely palm tree on the right. Thirty metres past the palm tree a dirt track peels off to the right, take this dirt track and stay on it, cross the road and then stay on the dirt track all the way to lighthouse apart from the last 200-300 metres where you are back on a road. This route keeps you off the road as much as possible.
2. Once you find La Concha Beach which is every bit as stunning as the pictures portray, you should, for a change of scenery, walk to the end of the beach (by the odd shaped houses) and then continue to walk up the coast towards the lighthouse. There are some really lovely little beaches up this stretch of coast, with no obvious routes from the road to get to them.
3. If you're up to a 4 mile walk or have a car, then you should visit Esquinza Beach which is to the south of the town. The beach is a bit of a scramble down, but worth it for the dramatic scenery, fantastic sand dunes and huge waves - it was our favourite beach and practically deserted. If walking, there is a clearly marked path that starts at the far end of the grand beach. The path ends at Esquinza Beach and therefore you cannot get lost, we walked it from the Hotel in 1.5 hrs including stops to rest / take photos etc. When you get Ezquinza Beach there is a bench and a signboard with a map on it, stop there, get some biscuits/fruit out, whistle and I guarantee the chipmunks will appear and will tamley take food out of your hand ! This happened at a couple of other places along the cliff path and is quite common.
Hope this all helps - have a great holiday, Regards, John.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cotillo Beach
- Cotillo Beach El
- Cotillo Beach Hotel El Cotillo, Fuerteventura
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Cotillo Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.