This is a nice hotel, clean, good beds and linen, decent gym, large safe pool area, lots of places to sit and watch the world go by. But if you come during the school holidays be prepared for the crowds of young children and the continual screaming that is to be expected. Also i have never seen as much bad sun lounger behaviour from the British. Every morning while enjoying a very good breakfast the majority of Brits head out to reserve their loungers from about 8.30. One family this week has reserved 7 loungers by 9am every day and numerous others have taken 3s and 4s !
Also numerous people from outside the hotel seem to be able to use the pool despite it being advertised as residents only. Again these tend to be British families who think if they sit and use the bar they can send their multiple kids off to scream, shout and generally crate mayhem around the pool. This should be monitored far better than it is.
We had a good meal in Nomad the main restaurant, both the service and food were very good.
There is no reason to pay 10 euros per day for parking as there is plenty of space outside the hotel. Free wifi is good as most hotels still charge, the staff around the hotel are very friendly, the reception seems to be rushed off it feet and the instant service advertised on the internal telephone is anything but as it often remains unanswered.
We would come back but not during the school holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa is located in Murcia, along the Costa Calida or "Warm Coast". It is a refuge of peace and tranquillity inside the Mar Menor Golf Resort complex, where you can combine business with pleasure, leisure with sports, spa, culture and rest The hotel has 64 spacious luxury rooms, 7 are suites. All of them with private balconies and large bathrooms that offer an independent shower and whirlpool bath. With 8 restaurants and bars, the hotel also offers a full range of gastronomic options and entertainment including a traditional Irish pub. The luxury accommodation is complemented by our Spa of 1100 square metres which offers 3 thermal suites with revitalising pools, sauna, steam room and lifestyle showers, a relaxation room, fitness area and a nice indoor pool with 15 meters of free access for hotel clients. Moreover, 7 treatments rooms with an exclusive range of Spa treatments that combine modern techniques with ancient therapies. The hotel is surrounded by Mar Menor Village Golf an 18 hole Par 72 golf course, part of the celebrated IRM Nike Golf and designed by Jack Nicklaus IRM Nike Golf is completed by 5 golf course 18 holes in 25 km surrounding the hotel: La Torre Golf, El Valle Golf, Hacienda Riquelme Golf, Saurines de la Torre Golf y Alhama Signature Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf Hotel Torre-Pacheco
- Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf Resort And Spa
- Mar Menor Hotel
- Intercontinental Torre Pacheco
- InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa Region Of Murcia, Spain - Torre-Pacheco