We stayed on the golf resort this summer and decided to dine in the hotel restaurant on the final night. Having read reviews, I prepared for it to be 'average'. From the minute the waiter noticed us waiting for a seat, we could not have received better service. The waiter was happy to describe some of the dishes to us to make sure we knew what to expect as as the chef obviously enjoys making the food a little different. Everything we ordered was excellent, very creative, some quite fun and excellent flavours. The wine was good value and perfect temperature.
Having decided that I would like to bring my mum out for a short break, I was really dissapointed to here that the hotel will be closing in September but am unable to find out if this is permanent. This hotel ( we have stayed in it for a couple of nights before) and the restaurant are the best Intercontinental I have experienced. I did stay in Hyde park earlier in the summer which was comparable but the food in the Theo Randall restaurant was not as creative as La Torre and the staff were not as attentive and friendly.
I do hope the hotel opens again soon so that I can book a short trip.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf Hotel Torre-Pacheco
- Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf Hotel
- Mar Menor Hotel
- Intercontinental Torre Pacheco
- InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa Region Of Murcia, Spain - Torre-Pacheco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa is located in Murcia, along the Costa Cálida or “Warm Coast”. It is a refuge of peace and tranquillity inside the Mar Menor Golf Resort complex, where you can combine business with pleasure, leisure with sports, spa, culture and restThe hotel has 64 spacious luxury rooms, 7 are suites. All of them with private balconies and large bathrooms that offer an independent shower and whirlpool bath. With 4 restaurants and 4 bars, the hotel also offers a full range of gastronomic options and entertainment including a traditional Irish pub. The luxury accommodation is complemented by our Spa of 1100 square metres which offers 3 thermal suites with revitalising pools, sauna, steam room and lifestyle showers, a relaxation room, fitness area and a nice indoor pool with 15 meters of free access for hotel clients.Moreover, 7 treatments rooms with an exclusive range of Spa treatments that combine modern techniques with ancient therapies. The hotel is surrounded by Mar Menor Village Golf an 18 hole Par 72 golf course, part of the celebrated Murcia Golf Experience and designed by Jack Nicklaus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, Escapio, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.