No photo provided
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Darfield
“Really good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just visited Frankie & Benny's and enjoyed a great meal. Staff managed to fit us in on a busy Monday evening without booking (although we were lucky, I'd recommend booking).

Food was very good, big portions and good quality - especially the meatball calzone :)

Set meal is good value but reduced further on Mondays by 25%, making it really good given the quality of the food. Staff were friendly too.

Will be going back :)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not bothered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been here quite a few times as my Mum and brother used to enjoy it. I've never really been bothered though I don't think the food is anything special at all and for the past three times I've visited with my Mum we seem to have been forgotten about. Last night I could see our starters waiting on the side, after looking at them for over 5 minutes we decided to say something. Granted the guy who was serving us got them straight away and couldnt be any more attentive for the rest of our time there but no, I wont visit again if i can help it. I've had too many bad experiences once yeah it could just be a bad day, but it's everytime.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We went to Frankie and Benny's for our works Christmas dinner and all I can say is never again!

I had the full rack of ribs which appeared to be microwaved and fairly bland and came with a very crude salad and an over cooked steamed jacket potato (because being wheat intolerant the chips were wheat coated). I had a variation on the prawn medley (hmm prawns with salad) for starter which was equally as bland and tasteless as the ribs although I have to say they did surprise with the desert which they adapted and gave me sorbet with raspberries and crushed meringue and was the best course of the night . My colleagues all complained about their chicken dishes and when they registered their complaint the table staff were quite blasé and didn't offer any solution or discount.

The restaurant has the potential to offer a great atmosphere but the tables were so crammed together it was uncomfortable and the food was definitely over priced. The cocktails were great, I drank them because they were the cheaper option!

We objected to having a huge service charge automatically added when we were waiting for food, all served at different times (having food allergies I was left waiting on all 3 courses) and no table service dedicated to our large party. They also got the pricing wrong, so it's worth checking your bill folks.

I won't be rushing back sadly .....

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Nice food but ..........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to have a late brunch here about 11.30 on a Sunday, there was nobody to greet us so we helped our self to a table, it was quite dead only 2 other families in. A lady came over and cleared our table (all of them seemed to have not been cleaned or plates taken from the previous customers) and gave us menus, after 10 minutes of waiting she finally came back over and asked what we'd like to order. We waited about 20 minutes for our food, my partner had the works and I had eggs Benedict, we both thoroughly enjoyed our food, everything was hot and cooked to perfection and the portion was generous too. We now had to flag down a waitress for our bill, they were definitely understaffed and it was now 12.30 and people were wandering in for lunch, I caught a manager walking past and asked for the bill, she nodded firmly looking quite pee'd at me then after another 10 minutes and no bill our original waitress appeared asking if we'd like coffee, we said we'd asked another lady for the bill and she said she'd go and get it for us. We paid our bill and left. We won't be going back unless they employ another 20 staff! Shame as the food is tasty.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Frankie And Benny's New York Italian Restaurant And Bar - Barnsley also viewed

Been to Frankie And Benny's New York Italian Restaurant And Bar - Barnsley? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie And Benny's New York Italian Restaurant And Bar - Barnsley, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.