“nice Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
uk
“nice Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

good food and nice vibe, beautiful interior decor.
reception was prompt and polite, and service extremely good.
Bit on the pricey side but just about deserved it

Visited July 2013

Leicestershire
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food and surroundings. I visited at lunch time and will definitely be going back for an evening meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a lovely restaurant. The food is lovely and the setting is beautiful .The service is both attentive and friendly We have visited a few times now and will definitely visit again

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Worth travelling the extra mile...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having seen an advertisment in an airline magazine, we travelled 30+ miles to try the cuisine and were definitely not dissappointed. The restaurant setting, quality of food and service of staff were exemplary.
Starters of Melon & Ham and a Trio of Fish were impressive, however the mains of Veal Milanese & Fillet Steak with Dolcelatte cheese with pasta/potatoes/mixed veg were outstanding. A dessert of Lemon Tartufo and Cheeseboard finished an amazing lunchtime dining experience.
Pre lunch drinks, bottles of water and Barbera D'Asti and coffees gave a bill ~£124; admittedly expensive but well worth it.
Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Not as good as our last visit but it was still ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We first visited this restaurant in March this year for my Wife's Birthday, at lunch time, this time it was my Birthday, we went at lunch time too, pretty much everything was good to excellent last time, But this time we were both a bit disappointed, I think it was because everything was just that good the first time, don't get me wrong there was nothing major wrong this time. We didn't book our table this time, we arrived got a table no problem, there was only the two of us and four others in the upstairs restaurant at 12:30. I learnt my lesson from last time we went there, i went in a suit and tie the first time, my wife wore a beautiful dress, we were both over dressed, to the rest of the diners, so this time i wore a pair of trousers and a short sleeved collared shirt, The wife wore trousers and a lovely lace top, which was about spot on for us both for a lunch time sitting there. Food, I had the T bone steak again cooked very rare, it was cooked slightly over for my liking but it was nice and tender, i also had spinach and chips. My wife had Lobster Thermador, which she did say that the sauce was better at a certain seafood restaurant in Hinckley, but it was ok. She had Tomato and onion salad with that too. We both had the same pudding, Pazientina it's called, I had this last time too and this time it was truly a lovely pudding yet again. The service there was three waiting staff, a male and two females a young girl and a older female, The male was vey good, the young female again was very good, now the older female was a bit offish should we say, I don't think she was in a talking or smiling at the customers mood. Don't get me wrong she wasn't rude or any thing like that, but it did let the service down for me. Atmosphere there was only 6 of us dining so there wasn't any, there was a female eating alone that was talking quite loud on her mobile phone off and on during our lunch there, which I found irritating. Value well you've read what we had to eat, plus I had two cokes the wife had two glasses of rosé wine, the bill came to £89 + a few pence, we left a tip also. Overall it was still ok, the things I've mentioned are very minor things, and some of you might see it as nit picking but it did spoil it for me personally. Thats why this time I've put average for everything apart from the food which was very good. Yes we will still go back there for a special occasion, we might even try the evening next time, when it is lit up, The grounds and restaurant look lovely in the pictures, when its lit up. We would still recommend this restaurant to people for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013