Me and my wife were fortunate enough to spend a few days and nights at Amorita during our vacation in the Southern Philippines.
The booking process was a little tedious, but after several emails and a few phone calls we were able to reserve an Ocean View Villa with the DIVErsion and ROMANCE packages.
Upon arrival in Bohol, we were warmly met by the resort van, and two resort employees who were informative, curteous, and professional. Arriving at the resort, we were met my a very friendly front desk staff, and an excellent welcome refreshment (which I think was some sort of Chocolate-Bubble Tea). Through-out our stay, the staff was very pleasant and professional; every staff member made an effort to remember your name.
Our Ocean Villa was absolutely incredible, and well worth the money. The furnishing were fairly new, and comfortable. We did find that our toilet seat was broken, but after informing the front desk it was replaced with-in 15 minutes! The infinity pool was rather chilly, but still nice at the end of a long day.
Our package(s) included massages, which we had by the inifinity pool in the evening, dolphin watching (which included our choice of boxed breakfast sandwhiches and fruit), and my wife had a chance to get two great dives in.
Additionally, our packages came up not one but three meals other breakfast. We had both of our dinners "cliff-side," which I highly recommend. Be aware that the inclusive dinners are set meals, so ask ahead of time what the chef has planned for the evening. Any meals you do have to pay for are fairly cheap, and all are very tasty. I even had some wonderful Chicken Adobo off the breakfast fast-order menu.
Our stay at Amorita was by far the best stay we had ever had at any resort, hotel, or inn. In fact, we plan to return in February, and stay for about twice as long as before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded atop a beautiful limestone cliff on the southern edge of Bohol's Panglao Island, Amorita is a tranquil seaside retreat that marries world-class service with signature Filipino hospitality. Managed by boutique hotel group One-Of Collection, the 97-room luxury resort overlooks the azure-colored Bohol Sea and elegantly punctuates the vibrant tropical landscape along Alona Beach. A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice and Certificate of Excellence recipient, Amorita is only a 40-minute drive from Bohol's Tagbilaran Airport, and Bohol is only an 80-minute flight from Metro Manila. Amorita ("little darling") features 97 luxury suites (including 14 villas), organic modern architecture, an outdoor infinity pool, an in-house dive center, stunning cliff-side views of the Bohol Sea, and innovative dining options at the all-new Toma! Wine Bar and the acclaimed Saffron Restaurant, the only restaurant in Bohol offering authentic Boholano heritage dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island