“An Exquisite Resort.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Panglao Island
London
“An Exquisite Resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My first stay here was in 2007, shortly after the hotel opened and for no particular reason I didn't return until 6th Nov and again booked a Garden Villa. Personally I seldom use the small villa pools, they're always very cold and whereas kids don't mind I prefer something warmer and would actually rather have no pool but a decent garden for sunbathing. However, the villa accommodation is fabulous, especially the outdoor shower but be careful the tiled flooring is lethal when wet!
The location overlooking Alona beach is stunning with views of Sequijor and Camiguin on a clear day across the ocean. Away from the hordes but easily accessible if one chooses to eat on the beach. The staff service and attitude here are first class, always friendly helpful and utterly charming, it was a pleasure to chat with them, in particular Rob who ran the breakfast whilst I was there. I enjoyed three lunches and one evening meal and thought the food was excellent.
However, I would have rated Amorita a Five Star but on close inspection it's starting to look tired, the plastic roof around the restaurant is filthy, tiles on the pool are cracked and the edges of the decking frayed as are elements of the dining room work stations. Also tiny details in the villa which really need addressing if it's to maintain it's rating and compete with newer hotels. The job of senior hotel management is to constantly be aware of tiny faults and repairs and never relax!
I worry for Panglao and in particular Alona Beach, two massive new hotels are under construction and several low end housing sub divisions around the island together with all sorts of random untidy structures. Evidence of Russian tourists now visiting together with huge numbers of Chinese and Westerners can rapidly change the balance of attraction here, even Amorita is building another 60 rooms!
Finally a word of praise for the way the hotel staff managed during the typhoon, they kept us well informed and coped brilliantly!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear PutneySW,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Amorita Resort. We are aware of the changes that are happening around the resort and within the province of Bohol. One of the ways we help maintain the beauty of Alona Beach is by conducting Beach Clean-up sessions every Wednesday morning. We're working towards an environment-friendly resort by recycling and composting. Please feel free to contact me through cvillanueva@amoritaresort.com should you wish to discuss your vacation experience at the resort in further detail.

688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We reconsidered making the trip to Amorita on the Nov1-4 holiday because Bohol recently suffered an earthquake but I'm glad we did. There was no damage done to the resort and movement from airport to the resort was quick and easy. No aftershocks too.
We stayed in the garden villa which had a personal pool which our 2 kids loved. The pool was the best and the view of Panglao wonderful. The room was comfortable as well and we had a free massage included in our package which was done at the villa on a massage bed brought especially for you. The best part of this resort was the food. Everyday their spread was 5-star, that we had to meet their very young and passionate chef just to compliment him on the food. We didn't expect this level of cooking in Bohol. The salad had notably home-made dressing, all ingredients and condiments carefully picked and all dishes done to international standards. The little touches were the best part of the trip; from the little sweets and cookies left in your room everynight as a special gift from the hotel (my kids loved everything! delicious) to the flowers on the hair offered to the all women at the restaurant. We also appreciated the tours they arranged for us. The snorkling trip to Balicasag even had a basket of water, fruits and towels pre-arranged. The same was true for the city tour. We saw all attractions in one day and had a good guide to take us around. Overall good job to the staff of Amorita and we hope to visit you again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear jinaustiaco,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Amorita Resort. It's our goal to provide our guests with excellent service. Your feedback about Saffron Restaurant and our team's service will definitely put a smile on everyone's faces. It would be wonderful to have you and your family stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed in a garden view villa this Oct for our anniversary. Small touches went a long way --- first batch in the minibar is free, chocolate chip cookies on arrival and as a gift upon checking out definitely warmed us up to this resort. Villa was spacious and luxurious enough, private plunge pool was relaxing after a day trip touring Bohol. Wifi (important for uploading FB pics of course ha!) in the villa and restaurant area. Shower/bathroom is located outside which isn't really a problem with privacy but might cause a problem if it rained (thank God not during our stay). The resort is located at the end of Alona beach, that view is to die for. Everything along Alona Beach is within walking distance. Saffron restaurant by far had the best resort food I've ever had, I'm quite a foodie and I loved their food (had dinner there). Breakfast buffet was fantastic. It's simple comfort food done right. Staff is warm, friendly, and very accommodating. We had a couples' massage done in the villa with our package and it was definitely the best massage I've ever had (I'm quite ticklish). They had Loudbasstard iphone speaker docks in the villa which is available for purchase in their store, you know I had to have that. And that adorable tarsier magnet, of course.

Room Tip: Ocean villas are more expensive than garden villas but I think garden villas offer more privacy. Whe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear PrincessChipmunk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community, and for supporting locally made products! The eco-friendly bamboo music amplifier and carved tarsier magnet are produced in Cebu and Bohol. We enjoy surprising guests with little gifts and personalized service. Please feel free to send me an email at carissa.amorita@gmail.com should you wish to discuss your experience in further detail.

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm writing this review because I believe Amorita Resort deserves one! They deserve to be praised for their excellent service and accommodation.

Before travelling to Bohol, I made sure to find the best resort. Amorita Resort was my top pick. The reviews here in Trip advisor do not lie. I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Bohol because of our stay in Amorita. It was my first time in Bohol and the resort made sure we have the best experience possible.

My friends and I got the Bohol Tourrific Package and from the airport we went straight to the famous tourist spots such as Baclayon Church, Loboc River cruise and the famous Chocolate Hills.

Upon arriving in the hotel, we were checked in to our guest rooms and fell in love with the rooms. It was large, spacious and there was free wifi. Also every night they would give you cookies or brownies.

Amorita's Resort location was good. The infinity pool was a few steps away from the room and the beach was a 5 min walk from the pool.

I loved their infinity pool, i could stay there all day. I did not even bother going to beach because it was dirty and full of seaweeds. We spent most of our days in the pool and relaxing in their day beds.

The Saffron Restaurant food was to die for. I enjoyed their grilled buffet and their molten lava cake for dessert.

With the package, we had a massage for one hour, it was ok. Nothing special. Did not enjoy the massage.

What i love about Amorita are the people. Service was spot on. Everyone was so nice, they would give us buko pandan, popsicle sticks and water even if we didn't ask and we were just simply hanging out by the pool. They even had this romantic dinner set up for us, it was so cheesy but so romantic.

However, the acitivities offered by the hotel are EXPENSIVE. P2,000/person for dolphin watching and balicasag island tour. That's too much. What we did was we asked for prices by the beach and I do hope you find him he is KUYA DODONG, and he gave us a package for P2,000 all in private tour inclusive of dolphin watching, balicasag island tour and Sand Bar! Find Kuya Dodong. He is a certified diver and a tour guide. He brought us to see sea turtles and to good snorkelling/diving spots. He also brought us to the sand bar and took amazing shots of us. Pwede na din photographer! Super sulit bayad kay Kuya Dodong!

Ok back to Amorita..

I enjoyed my first time trip to Bohol and I didn't mind just staying in the resort and enjoying Bohol's beautiful weather and the view and the pool.

Thank you Amorita <3 I AM DEFINITELY COMING BACK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear JuliaP522,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community! We're happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Amorita. The value of our packages reflect our invested effort in perfecting our services. It is our aim to provide each of our guests with an overall personalized experience worth remembering. On your next visit to Bohol, we look forward to seeing you and your friends!

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is a perfect place to relax, The resort Amorita was amazing, with a very good view of the beach, very modern with lovely little touches and the staff were wonderful, Also everyone in the restaurant knows your first name, which is very professional and friendly.
We stay in a villa, very big room with king size bed, private pool, very clean, decorated with beautiful flowers every day.
The resort is set above the beach and is gated. This makes it very private and secure, with great views and only a few steps down to the beach. Amorita Resort is the perfect escape for exclusive getaways, Everything is closed, we have many restaurant and bars which must visited. is a chance for guests to be completely tranquil and undisturbed, a luxury only offered by Amorita
You must try massage inside the hotel, which is very cheap and loved. You'll enjoy walking going down and up the cliff ,and strolling along the the Alona beach. It's just like a small Boracay in Bohol.
The pool is fantastic and we were happy to spend our time at the resort lazing around, reading, swimming and enjoying happy hour!
No need to go anywhere else if you want to spend a few days in Paglao

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tatiana A,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Amorita during your trip to the Philippines. We hope that you'll be able to visit us when we open the new phase of the resort next year. We're looking forward to sharing more wonderful experiences with all our guests.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early October for a weeks diving and family holiday. We booked directly through the hotel and found the process easy and competent.
Check in was quick and efficient and within minutes we were escorted to our sea view villa. Whilst not inexpensive the villa was extremely spacious with some lovely touches with little food gifts delivered to the room each evening. The bathroom and toilet are open air and we loved the shower out in the open but was extremely secluded and private. The beds are firm.
The food in the hotel is serviced by one resturant but there were many choices and the quality was excellent-- the chef and kitchen know what they are doing and both our families commented frequently on the tastiness of our meals
One day the hotel organised a picnic for us for our diving trip and it was superb
The staff are all extremely friendly and remembered our names and favourite drinks, a very personal experience
The breakfast needs improving with limited choices but didn't oncern us too much
We wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hotel if we ever visited Panglao island again

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear ChrisWalsh,
Thank you for staying at Amorita Resort during your vacation! It was wonderful having you and your family stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities, services offered, and food at Saffron Restaurant. Saffron is also well known for its Saturday Grill Buffet - which I hope you and your family were able to experience during your stay. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Amorita Resort. On your next visit to the Philippines, we hope you consider staying with us again.

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in Amorita from Sept. 30 - Oct. 2 with my family. The hotel itself is world class, stayed in garden villa which was reallly nice...very spacious...well worth the price. The staffs are amazing, one time we were walking back towards our room and one staff greeted me by my name (I was pleasantly surprised). Yes, personally experienced simple nice touch from the great Amorita hospitality (which I also read before my trip)...the bookmark in my book, the paper art (paper bird) made by the nice lady manager (sorry did not quite get her name) for my 2 daughters...

The hotel is the best I think in the Island...would have been perfect if the beach had been better (while it is clean, and yes, it has white sand..not quite like powder soft as Boracay) it has a lot of sea weeds during our visit. The nice manager told us that the beach is more clean (of seaweeds etc) around Nov and Dec - when the wind blows more in a different direction....????

Pros: pool, nice Saffron restaurant, staffs, garden villa room,hotel environment with its relaxing feel

Cons: beach (nothing the hotel can do about it though..nature)

Bohol is definitely a must see if you want to visit Philippines...the nature's wonder are amazing..glad we finally got to see it..and if in Bohol, Amorita is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: Garden villa are definitely worth it....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jean B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Amorita Resort. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Despite the sea meadows, Alona Beach has its own personality and charm. We try to maintain cleanliness along the beach by conducting a clean-up program every Wednesday morning. Please come visit us again soon!

Carissa

Been to Amorita Resort? Share your experiences!