My first stay here was in 2007, shortly after the hotel opened and for no particular reason I didn't return until 6th Nov and again booked a Garden Villa. Personally I seldom use the small villa pools, they're always very cold and whereas kids don't mind I prefer something warmer and would actually rather have no pool but a decent garden for sunbathing. However, the villa accommodation is fabulous, especially the outdoor shower but be careful the tiled flooring is lethal when wet!
The location overlooking Alona beach is stunning with views of Sequijor and Camiguin on a clear day across the ocean. Away from the hordes but easily accessible if one chooses to eat on the beach. The staff service and attitude here are first class, always friendly helpful and utterly charming, it was a pleasure to chat with them, in particular Rob who ran the breakfast whilst I was there. I enjoyed three lunches and one evening meal and thought the food was excellent.
However, I would have rated Amorita a Five Star but on close inspection it's starting to look tired, the plastic roof around the restaurant is filthy, tiles on the pool are cracked and the edges of the decking frayed as are elements of the dining room work stations. Also tiny details in the villa which really need addressing if it's to maintain it's rating and compete with newer hotels. The job of senior hotel management is to constantly be aware of tiny faults and repairs and never relax!
I worry for Panglao and in particular Alona Beach, two massive new hotels are under construction and several low end housing sub divisions around the island together with all sorts of random untidy structures. Evidence of Russian tourists now visiting together with huge numbers of Chinese and Westerners can rapidly change the balance of attraction here, even Amorita is building another 60 rooms!
Finally a word of praise for the way the hotel staff managed during the typhoon, they kept us well informed and coped brilliantly!
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amorita Resort is a boutique resort on Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines. It is both private and exclusive though just steps away from the bustle of Alona Beach. The Cliffdeck offers the best vantage point from which to enjoy the views of Alona Beach, the Mindanao Sea and Siquijor Island in the horizon. Its villas' architecture and design draws inspiration from Boholano materials and culture. Immerse yourself in its lovingly cared for gardens. Why not lounge in your own private villa the whole day?Experience Bohol beyond the Chocolate Hills and tarsier at Amorita. From Boholano tasting menus to unique tours, Amorita can help make your vacation truly special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.