“Best View in Alona Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Amorita Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alona Beach | Barangay Tawala, 6340, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Panglao Island
New York City, New York
“Best View in Alona Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed in a garden view villa this Oct for our anniversary. Small touches went a long way --- first batch in the minibar is free, chocolate chip cookies on arrival and as a gift upon checking out definitely warmed us up to this resort. Villa was spacious and luxurious enough, private plunge pool was relaxing after a day trip touring Bohol. Wifi (important for uploading FB pics of course ha!) in the villa and restaurant area. Shower/bathroom is located outside which isn't really a problem with privacy but might cause a problem if it rained (thank God not during our stay). The resort is located at the end of Alona beach, that view is to die for. Everything along Alona Beach is within walking distance. Saffron restaurant by far had the best resort food I've ever had, I'm quite a foodie and I loved their food (had dinner there). Breakfast buffet was fantastic. It's simple comfort food done right. Staff is warm, friendly, and very accommodating. We had a couples' massage done in the villa with our package and it was definitely the best massage I've ever had (I'm quite ticklish). They had Loudbasstard iphone speaker docks in the villa which is available for purchase in their store, you know I had to have that. And that adorable tarsier magnet, of course.

Room Tip: Ocean villas are more expensive than garden villas but I think garden villas offer more privacy. Whe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear PrincessChipmunk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community, and for supporting locally made products! The eco-friendly bamboo music amplifier and carved tarsier magnet are produced in Cebu and Bohol. We enjoy surprising guests with little gifts and personalized service. Please feel free to send me an email at carissa.amorita@gmail.com should you wish to discuss your experience in further detail.

Carissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm writing this review because I believe Amorita Resort deserves one! They deserve to be praised for their excellent service and accommodation.

Before travelling to Bohol, I made sure to find the best resort. Amorita Resort was my top pick. The reviews here in Trip advisor do not lie. I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Bohol because of our stay in Amorita. It was my first time in Bohol and the resort made sure we have the best experience possible.

My friends and I got the Bohol Tourrific Package and from the airport we went straight to the famous tourist spots such as Baclayon Church, Loboc River cruise and the famous Chocolate Hills.

Upon arriving in the hotel, we were checked in to our guest rooms and fell in love with the rooms. It was large, spacious and there was free wifi. Also every night they would give you cookies or brownies.

Amorita's Resort location was good. The infinity pool was a few steps away from the room and the beach was a 5 min walk from the pool.

I loved their infinity pool, i could stay there all day. I did not even bother going to beach because it was dirty and full of seaweeds. We spent most of our days in the pool and relaxing in their day beds.

The Saffron Restaurant food was to die for. I enjoyed their grilled buffet and their molten lava cake for dessert.

With the package, we had a massage for one hour, it was ok. Nothing special. Did not enjoy the massage.

What i love about Amorita are the people. Service was spot on. Everyone was so nice, they would give us buko pandan, popsicle sticks and water even if we didn't ask and we were just simply hanging out by the pool. They even had this romantic dinner set up for us, it was so cheesy but so romantic.

However, the acitivities offered by the hotel are EXPENSIVE. P2,000/person for dolphin watching and balicasag island tour. That's too much. What we did was we asked for prices by the beach and I do hope you find him he is KUYA DODONG, and he gave us a package for P2,000 all in private tour inclusive of dolphin watching, balicasag island tour and Sand Bar! Find Kuya Dodong. He is a certified diver and a tour guide. He brought us to see sea turtles and to good snorkelling/diving spots. He also brought us to the sand bar and took amazing shots of us. Pwede na din photographer! Super sulit bayad kay Kuya Dodong!

Ok back to Amorita..

I enjoyed my first time trip to Bohol and I didn't mind just staying in the resort and enjoying Bohol's beautiful weather and the view and the pool.

Thank you Amorita <3 I AM DEFINITELY COMING BACK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear JuliaP522,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community! We're happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Amorita. The value of our packages reflect our invested effort in perfecting our services. It is our aim to provide each of our guests with an overall personalized experience worth remembering. On your next visit to Bohol, we look forward to seeing you and your friends!

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is a perfect place to relax, The resort Amorita was amazing, with a very good view of the beach, very modern with lovely little touches and the staff were wonderful, Also everyone in the restaurant knows your first name, which is very professional and friendly.
We stay in a villa, very big room with king size bed, private pool, very clean, decorated with beautiful flowers every day.
The resort is set above the beach and is gated. This makes it very private and secure, with great views and only a few steps down to the beach. Amorita Resort is the perfect escape for exclusive getaways, Everything is closed, we have many restaurant and bars which must visited. is a chance for guests to be completely tranquil and undisturbed, a luxury only offered by Amorita
You must try massage inside the hotel, which is very cheap and loved. You'll enjoy walking going down and up the cliff ,and strolling along the the Alona beach. It's just like a small Boracay in Bohol.
The pool is fantastic and we were happy to spend our time at the resort lazing around, reading, swimming and enjoying happy hour!
No need to go anywhere else if you want to spend a few days in Paglao

Dear Tatiana A,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Amorita during your trip to the Philippines. We hope that you'll be able to visit us when we open the new phase of the resort next year. We're looking forward to sharing more wonderful experiences with all our guests.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early October for a weeks diving and family holiday. We booked directly through the hotel and found the process easy and competent.
Check in was quick and efficient and within minutes we were escorted to our sea view villa. Whilst not inexpensive the villa was extremely spacious with some lovely touches with little food gifts delivered to the room each evening. The bathroom and toilet are open air and we loved the shower out in the open but was extremely secluded and private. The beds are firm.
The food in the hotel is serviced by one resturant but there were many choices and the quality was excellent-- the chef and kitchen know what they are doing and both our families commented frequently on the tastiness of our meals
One day the hotel organised a picnic for us for our diving trip and it was superb
The staff are all extremely friendly and remembered our names and favourite drinks, a very personal experience
The breakfast needs improving with limited choices but didn't oncern us too much
We wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hotel if we ever visited Panglao island again

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carissa V, Manager at Amorita Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear ChrisWalsh,
Thank you for staying at Amorita Resort during your vacation! It was wonderful having you and your family stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities, services offered, and food at Saffron Restaurant. Saffron is also well known for its Saturday Grill Buffet - which I hope you and your family were able to experience during your stay. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Amorita Resort. On your next visit to the Philippines, we hope you consider staying with us again.

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in Amorita from Sept. 30 - Oct. 2 with my family. The hotel itself is world class, stayed in garden villa which was reallly nice...very spacious...well worth the price. The staffs are amazing, one time we were walking back towards our room and one staff greeted me by my name (I was pleasantly surprised). Yes, personally experienced simple nice touch from the great Amorita hospitality (which I also read before my trip)...the bookmark in my book, the paper art (paper bird) made by the nice lady manager (sorry did not quite get her name) for my 2 daughters...

The hotel is the best I think in the Island...would have been perfect if the beach had been better (while it is clean, and yes, it has white sand..not quite like powder soft as Boracay) it has a lot of sea weeds during our visit. The nice manager told us that the beach is more clean (of seaweeds etc) around Nov and Dec - when the wind blows more in a different direction....????

Pros: pool, nice Saffron restaurant, staffs, garden villa room,hotel environment with its relaxing feel

Cons: beach (nothing the hotel can do about it though..nature)

Bohol is definitely a must see if you want to visit Philippines...the nature's wonder are amazing..glad we finally got to see it..and if in Bohol, Amorita is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: Garden villa are definitely worth it....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jean B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Amorita Resort. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Despite the sea meadows, Alona Beach has its own personality and charm. We try to maintain cleanliness along the beach by conducting a clean-up program every Wednesday morning. Please come visit us again soon!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I had a fantastic stay at Amorita in September 2013. The staff were truly outstanding. They consistently went above and beyond during our stay, whether it be reserving a good table at dinner for us without us even asking, remembering our names, etc.

The resort itself is beautiful with comfortable, clean rooms (we stayed in a standard hotel room), a nice pool and easy access to Alona Beach. I appreciated the fact that the resort was an easy walk from the heart of Alona Beach, yet it was perched up on a low cliff away from the noise of Alona Beach. The restaurant at the hotel is wonderful and very reasonably priced given the quality of the food.

We got several in room massages, and the Filipino massage was one of the very best massages I have ever had. It is an amazing value at about $22 for 75 minutes, and it involves oil, deep pressure and long strokes. It was a dream, and the massuses were incredibly nice.

I would highly recommend Amorita Resort!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sher61584,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Amorita. On your next visit, you may want to consider experiencing the Amorita Signature Massage - which is also popular among guests. Please come and visit us next year. We will be welcoming our guests to experience the new phase of the resort.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at Amorita, the staff are extra-friendly and ready to go out of their way to give wonderful service. We stayed at a Garden Villa with a dipping pool. Water was always too cold for me but I guess with the heat it does serve to instantly cool you down. Do be careful about your swimwear though, we had a slight issue with bleached swimming trunks when my husband spent more than 20mins in it.

I wasn't a fan of the outdoor bathroom. It's not particularly amusing having to do your business while fighting mozzies. And management should look into getting trash bins with a lid......reason....think like a lady.

The minibar contents were free...YAY....and we were spoiled with daily turndown treats of the sweet-chocolatey kind!! Very thoughtful. The pool is wonderfully warm in the evenings, fantastic for a relaxing swim before dinner.

All the staff were super nice, special mention to the Saffron restaurant staff ....Nizza, Anna, Emalou, Winston...and the lifeguards Ryan and Uriel. You treated us more like family than guests....THANK YOU!

I wanted to pass on my comments to the General Manager - James San Diego who was more than helpful during our stay, but have since learned he is no longer with them. What a pity, he was all ears to any problem and would get it resolved immediately!! So I hope if management reads this they will look into my suggestions.

We had set menus for lunch and dinner and these were always fantastic. As the meal itself was always a suprise, kudos to the chef for wow'ing us each time. Having spent a lot of time in France where bread at mealtimes is sacred, the restaurant staff should be reminded not to clear the bread basket with the entrée dishes. Another minor issue but worth mentioning is their annoying salt/pepper shakers. The holes are either too big or the rice grains to keep the contents dry are too small. Eitherway, we always ended up with rice grains in our food and to avoid fishing them out each time had to ask for the salt/pepper to be brought in a separate saucer. Experienced a leaking roof once while dining at one of the tables closest to the pool, would be good to have it checked out.

Breakfast buffet however was a let down, it's more Asian oriented. At least the fruits saved me. I'm not a coffee/tea drinker, hot chocolate/cocoa is my thing. Their hot chocolate tastes like a mix of coffee and I don't know what...it is bitter, tastes NOTHING like hot chocolate and I couldn't take more than a sip! Milo/Cadbury's drinking chocolate/Ovaltine would be a nicer alternative.

The fooseball table should be replaced. It's an old model but its design forces the player to be extra mindful of their opponent lest you injure them. Normally, your side of the rods should not protude on the other side of the table. Needless to say, we only played once and preferred to play table tennis instead.

Despite these small hiccups, we did enjoy our time at Amorita. And would definately come back in future.

Dear ozjaber,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about Amorita Resort. We always strive to improve and provide our guests with excellent service. Your constructive feedback will definitely help our team. It would be wonderful to have you and your husband stay with us again. Should you have additional feedback, or would like to discuss your stay with us in further detail, please feel free to get in touch with me at carissa.amorita@gmail.com.

Carissa

Been to Amorita Resort? Share your experiences!