“Good 4/5” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 41 hotels in Panglao Island
Pasig, Philippines
“Good 4/5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were there for my birthday, my travel agent suggested the resort and upon checking, my husband and I reserved their Deluxe room which has a bathtub and is facing the hotel's pool. When we arrive, my little girl needs to "poo", front desk was very accommodating, a hotel staff let us have the room even when my husband's still checking-in and all. However, to my horror, the room doesn't have basic toiletries such as soap or shampoo. Food and other stuffs are a little bit overpriced. Since rainy season is here, there aren't many guests. I would rate their staff 3/5. It was the perfect place to stay since we've gone island hopping and snorkeling the next day.

Room Tip: I would suggest you get the Deluxe rooms, facing the pool area, bathroom comes with a bathtub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When we landed to Bohol, my son felt sick and we had to go straight to the hotel. The hotel driver was very accommodating and he knew our need for that particular time. During our stay, my son's fever was on and off but he was still happy to experience Bohol despite the fever and all. The owner/Doctor came to see him if he was ok and have of their staff assist in buying the medicine from town. I was already impressed during this time, as the Owner himself took time in assisting us. But come check-out time, we were hassled by front desk as they were not able to get things right with our billing. They were trying to bill us twice the price when in the first place, we have already paid for all of the charges prior to us going there. Maybe the owner can teach the front desk or at least have them trained more, so that guests didn't have to go thru the hassle of almost missing their flight just so that they can get the billing right.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in Dumaluan Beach Resort last August 28-30, 2013. Located in Panglao Island, Bohol, beach is popular for its pristine beach and powdery white sands.

We reserved a superior deluxe room. Room was okay and nothing fancy. At least it has a/c, tv and hot shower. We asked for fresh towels everyday and was provided to us. The staffs were friendly and helpful.

The restaurant was a bit pricey. They have the usual ala carte. They also have a grilling station and cost of sesfood is per gram. Squid is P1 per gram so a big size squid will cost around P300-400 a piece. For the budget conscious travelers, you can go to the nearby DBR resort (their sister company) and food is much cheaper.

The resort also offers island tours to Balicasag Island for P2500 boat rental.

Over all, stay in Dumaluan Beach was ok and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for a night only 'coz that's our itinerary for our Cebu - Bohol tour. Upon arrival, i fell in love with the place. So relaxing. Our room is next to the pool. The room is a bit small but it is cozy. Breakfast is ok. Beach in front is clean. I love to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is too pricey, the room has bugs and mosquitoes (we asked the housekeeping to spray insecticide on the room), this hotel can go well if they would replace all of their staff. they don't smile and it is obvious that they lack training.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The food is horrific, after an evening meal and breakfast, we skipped our free breakfast the last morning. The resort arranged a driver to take us in to the city the 2nd evening and charged us double the cost of the taxi to return. We were eaten alive by inserts inside and outside the room. I wouldn't recommend it even on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Family and I stayed there for two nights early June. We were dissapointed to say the least. The food is horrible and overpriced. The rooms are full of mosquito and instead of full sized bed they gave us another bed and I end-up sleeping on the floor. The service was not quick and will have to wait for room service. We waited 5 hrs for our room to be swept, men I wish I brought our own broom. No available vehicles to go to town and don't expect them to offer you anything. Their room charge was overpriced given the fact that you have to beg them to give you extra bed, towels and no soap at all. I know I mentioned the mosquitoes but my god I've never been bitten that much in two nights of stay. So please do yourself a favor look for somewhere else. This place ought to be closed for good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dumaluan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!