“wonderful place and very accommodating staffs :)” 4 of 5 stars

Dumaluan Beach Resort
Philippines   |
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Panglao Island
Manchester, United Kingdom
“wonderful place and very accommodating staffs :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

stayed here for 7 days and 6 nights..i had my late check in, room must be available beyond check in time but in the contrary it was not!!! i was tired and wanted to have a rest, it was 4pm when we checked in, room is clean and very refreshing..they gave us the most beautiful family room which i requested, that is what i really appreciated the most..the attentiveness of the receptionist. Dumaluan is really a wonderful place, solemn, i love the beach so much it seems like im in bora! my friend got thorned of sea urchin, Genamae and Marjorie of frontdesk help us.. they put a vinegar in my friends thorned part, silly! that was the first time weve heard vinegar for sea urchin, but anyways its effective :) i got friends with Mira, Marjorie, Nita, and Genamae..who are the receptionists, they are very friendly to all guests and very attentive on customers complaints, they're very naughty and pretty im looking forward to meet you someday .best regards to the room attendant Cezar and Nikki who assisted us during our stay in Dumaluan :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Thank you to all the staff at Dumaluan Beach Resort for providing our family with a good and hospitality service. I can truly say that everyone was at our back and call to help us with what we needed. The accommodation is perfect and very clean and the mini-bar was very handy specially for the younger people in our party. We stayed at Dumaluan Beach Resort 5 years ago and the hotel only grows stronger and we would look to stay here again when we return to Philippines. Thank you very much!!!!

Room Tip: executive beach front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pocatello, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Dumaluan Beach Resort Review

I booked my stay at Dumaluan Beach Resort 2 (Panglao Island of Bohol) between September 30, 2012 and October 1, 2012. We were not able to stay at Dumaluan Beach Resort for my entire booking because we feared for our safety regarding the dangers the rooms posed on me and my family. I have been to many resorts around the Philippines, which includes Laluz Beach Resort (Batangas), Fort Ilocandia (Ilocos Norte), Coco Cabana (Batangas), Cebu Shangrila, Solana Beach Resort (Batangas), Eagle’s Point (Batangas), White Cove (Batangas), Munting Buhangin (Batangas), Montemar Beach Club (Bataan), Coron Village Lodge (Palawan) and so on. Never in my experience in any of those hotels/resorts have I witness a montage of creatures that lurks within the beds and walls of the room we stayed in. I will highlight the unbearable conditions that we had to endure during our stay in Bohol.
Shortly after we arrived in Tagbilaran via Zest Air, we have called Dumaluan Beach Resort at exactly 10:51 AM to notify them that we will be having a late check in because we were going to spend our first day touring the different tourist spot of Bohol. We have called them yet again at 6:05 PM to make sure that they have cleaned and prepared the room. That way, we can simply check in and rest and be ready for the next day. When we arrived at Dumaluan at 8 PM, we found out that the room was “cleaned” but only to discover that their definition of clean was weeks of unoccupied room accompanied by dust, feces of unknown critters on the bed sheets and pillows, and several ants and the worst was the cockroaches. We were caught by surprise by seven large cockroaches in the span of one hour in their SUITE room (most expensive) coming at all directions (bathroom, curtains, ceiling, and two of them came from within the bed base).

This was a disgusting, foul, nasty, and horrible welcome. At that moment, Dumaluan’s integrity was in question for they have confirmed to us that the room was “cleaned” both times that we have called in and on our arrival at their resort. The display of their cleanliness is further defined by the Dumaluan bar soaps, which was so old that its gnawed by cockroaches.

We tried really hard to get hold of their ghostly and evasive manager Reichyl Vallente. After the shocked of discovering seven full grown cockroaches, we couldn’t bear to stay in the room to discover more while awake or while sleeping. Several attempts were made to compensate our vicious experience, which included a stay at their Junior Suite room, which was also filthy and crawling with cockroaches. We were able to negotiate two executive rooms for the same rate. They gave us complimentary drinks to compensate their deception and our shocking experience on the suite room welcome.

After we moved into their “cleaner” executive rooms, we still found four more large cockroaches at the first executive room coming in from the bathroom, two at the curtains, and one behind the bed, but thankfully the other executive room did not have any cockroaches. We bagged these creatures to present to their manager (who was still missing that night) tomorrow. It was too late and we were too tired to move yet again to a room that was cleaner. I had to endure a night of paranoia of critters crawling on my face to be gnawed by cockroaches. It was terrible restless and fearful first night stay. We were anxious to move to a different resort the next day.

Day two in Bohol was island hopping and, throughout the day, I was too tired to enjoy the pleasant beauty that Bohol has to offer because of the restless night my family and I had to endure. But the review continues on our second evening. Day two of Bohol island hopping ended noon. We were back at Dumaluan resort and ate there for lunch. We liked the sandy beach and rested until supper. At 7 PM, we headed to their dining area to eat. After an hour and a half, we headed back to our room on the second floor. A loud scream came from the second executive room and we thought that they also saw a cockroach on the second executive room, but it was much worse. There was a live snake inside their room in front of their door that measured more than 24 inches in length and probably weighed more than 1000 grams.

This was the last straw for the resort. We felt the danger that this posed to me and my family. Where did the snake come from when we were staying at the second floor? Was it deliberately placed there because of retaliation because of our complaint from last night or was it there by chance? We finally gave up trying to negotiate to their present and sarcastic manager Reichyl Vallente. Her tone to us customers was very angry and sarcastic. She might as well as have called us scammers and robbed us of our money and kicked us out of their resort. Reichyl Vallente, their manager, has booked us into Alona Tropical beach resort and still wanted to charge us for the entire stay at their resort and we were going to pay the one night at Alona Tropical beach resort which included only two small rooms when she knew we were not going to fit. The customer service was absent and the manager was never sincerely apologetic, which was evident by their lack of support in helping us check out.

Me and my family were deeply affected by the tourism of Bohol. I do not want to take away the beautiful tourism building up in Bohol, but Dumaluan Beach Resort has ruined the favorable vacation we could have. I feel sorry for the friendly staff (Ariel Ahat, Cezar Libot, Jeffrey Ardgancia, Jo M. Jumamoy, and Luz Ocares) that they have to follow an incompetent manager who could potentially destroy the name of the beautiful location of Dumaluan Beach Resort. The manager’s negligence of customer service should make her unqualified to run a resort full of potential. We will never stay there and would not recommend to any of our friends and families and their friends to ever consider staying at Dumaluan Beach Resort.
(See all my pictures for evidence of the cockroaches and snake)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here from August 17-18 of 2012. The trip was on a budget so we took the Tree House which was only less than P2,000. It can accommodate 4 people with a clean public bathroom which was a few steps away. It was decent enough and was located on a beachfront but I was not able to sleep because there were large geckos on the roof actively roaming around and searching for food. I was so afraid one of the geckos would fall as those were the harmful ones that we locally call as "tuko".
The food selection was good and the price was just right in the resort's restaurant. The staff are also very friendly and accommodating although they were not able to provide me with the extra fan that I wanted. The part about the place that I did not like was that you cannot charge your gadgets in the room. We had to go down and charge our phones and there was a fee of P20 per gadget. The towels also came with a fee of P50 each.
If you are not afraid of geckos and if you are on a tight budget, you may rent the Kubo which ranges from P1,000 and up, depending on the number of occupants.

Room Tip: If you are not afraid of geckos and if you are on a tight budget, you may rent the Kubo which ranges...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were picked up from the airport on time. In the tour of Bohol, our group had exclusive use of the transportation so we were not pressured in staying/leaving a place. It was a good thing I read previous reviews here so we bought water prior to checking in as it was expensive. Food is quite expensive too so we just bought outside before we returned to the resort.The band which played old songs at night was great. The only thing I did not like in our stay here was that there was no hot water for bathing. It would have been great also if we were informed beforehand that we would share the van in going to the airport upon leaving. Would I check into this resort again? Maybe I'll try other places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here in the month of july, we got two rooms which was very well designed except when i entered our room which was a deluxe room i immediatly smelled smoke so i tried to find where it was coming from and it came from the the pillows.

The food there is alright, not that fancy. The chef takes so long to make the food and when the foods ready they bring it out one by one and not together,

The musics nice but at dinner time the band plays soft music and its make you sleepy.

Also just to warn you theres a big rat that live there and the staff know about because they're the one's that told us.

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Dumaluan is a typical resort-nothing fab. Nice location,great beach. Rooms are average,one A resort,food is okay,quite pricey. Good tour. Buffet breakfast is very limited. The reservation staff was not friendly at all,but F&B team is great,they have live acoustic to keep you entertained.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dumaluan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!