We stayed here for 1 night and booked through Agoda. Got a room for approx. $120AUD. There were 5 of us and we had 3 rooms and our allocated rooms were chalets right on the beach. The main hotel entrance is modern and large and there are rooms in this building and then there are rooms/chalets which are separate. On first impressions we were happy to have a chalet as it meant we were right by the beach however it seems from what others were saying that the rooms in the main building were better. Our chalet was very basic – the room didn’t have any tea/coffee facilities, no fridge or safe. The bathroom was really small and in need of repair and the shower barely had any power. We were allocated a twin room instead of a double room (we had booked a double).
When we returned to our room early evening, there was a strong stench of sewage from our room. I advised reception and they basically just used a strong smelling air-freshener. Our friend who was in the room next door also had the sewage smell. It was actually really awful and made me feel sick. There was no attempt to try and do anything else apart from using a very strong spray in the room. I woke up with a sore throat.
The pool was murky and obviously needed to be cleaned. It’s a shame because the pool is a decent size for swimming (prob 20 meters in length) and it’s set in nice gardens too.
Some staff were helpful – Robin (?) the lifeguard was lovely to chat to as were a couple of staff on reception. However the issue in my room wasn’t resolved to my satisfaction and I also feel that for $120AUD per night, the room is not worth that price. The only redeeming feature about this hotel is it’s location. However there are plenty of other options nearby so I would say do shop around. We stayed at Paragayo for 2 nights after this and loved it. (More detailed review of Paragayo will be posted).
- Also Known As:
- Alona Kew White Beach Hotel Panglao Island
- Alona Kew White Beach Hotel
- Alona Kew White Beach Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alona Kew White Beach Resort in Bohol offers you affordable beachfront accommodations with excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Alona Kew White Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.