This past July 2013 my friend and I stayed at Amarela Resort, in Panglao Bohol and we absolutely loved it. It's about 20 minutes from the airport and 10-15 mins away from Alona beach, which was perfectly fine to us! If you want privacy with family and friends Amarela is the place to be.
First off, the hotel itself is beautiful. It has gorgeous landscaping and views. Amarela has a small library with books, dvds, and games to rent. Additionally, they had an art gallery if you're interested in looking at some art.
Second, they had some great activities for kids. They had table-tennis, a decent sized-pool and a private beach front. On the beach they had kayaks, lounge chairs (with cushions), and hammocks to enjoy. I noticed they had a security guard posted at the beach, which was pleasing to see. They had other workers from the hotel on beach to assist people if they needed it as well as they kept the beach looking tidy and clean! (Side Note: You want to bring water shoes because the beaches in Bohol can be more rocky.)
Third, the food was delicious and reasonably priced for this type of hotel. And the wait staff was beyond kind and friendly to us everyday!
Fourth, I believe my friend and I got a standard room with a main window looking out towards the pool, which was relaxing to sit out on the little porch at night. The room was spacious and comfortable with an aircon, fan, tv, refrigerator, safety box, storage space, wifi , and etc. The bathroom was just as nice as the room, which was spacious and clean. (FYI: If you have food or drinks left over, I would advise putting them in the refrigerator or something that is sealed tight because ants in the Philippines can get into anything...I was amazed by their vigor to find food!)
Lastly, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with any questions or issues we had. They helped us get prepaid taxis so we wouldn’t get ripped off. They constantly asked us if we needed help getting transportation on our last day. And they were quick on the clean up in the rooms!
In general, I truly enjoyed my stay at Amarela and I would definitely go back in the future!
Kayla and Tracy
P.S. We went through Bohol Tours and Packages
Owned and Managed by: Adiona Tours and Packages
Yahoo ID: boholtourandpackages
Mobile: +639154216421 / +639128390652 / +639328655289
Amarela Resort Info:
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel
- Amarela Resort Bohol
- Amarela Hotel Bohol
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.