I spent the day diving Balicasag island with Lost Horizon dive centre on Bohol and was appalled by some of the diving practices they had.
The group was relatively small (only 3 guests), however, the divemaster didn't really pay much attention to the guests. One diver surfaced with only 20 bar in the tank.
Another diver attempted to ride a Turtle; a practice both distressing and dangerous for the Turtle, which can suffocate, as well as dangerous for the diver. The diver attempted this in full view of the Divemaster who didn't seem to care - he said nothing to the guest to deter him either underwater or once back on the boat.
Once back on the boat things went from bad to worse. They had a local selling all sorts of shells and shark items (teeth etc) which the Boat crew and Dive Staff encouraged us to buy.
The only reason the review was not a 1-star is because the dive sites themselves were quite nice and the room, bar and restaurant at the resort were quite nice (if a little pricey).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort offers accommodation, located in the famous Alona Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Horizon Hotel Panglao Island
- Lost Horizon Panglao
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island