“Good Location and Low Priced Diving” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 24 Activities in Panglao Island
Luzon, Philippines
“Good Location and Low Priced Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am a diving instructor living in the Philippines and have dove here 3 times. On all occasions the Manager (Tim) has done a great job accomodating my needs. As an underwater photographer/videographer he allowed me to keep several of my battery chargers plugged in overnight at his shop. He even provided a freshwater dunk tank on the boat to wash my housing/lights in between dives. He always strived to meet the various needs of all the divers on the trip. Balicasag Island provided me with some fantastic video that I use for my underwater music videos. The lowest priced diving I have had of any place in PI. The girls at the dive shop were very friendly and always smiling. Very happy with their service.

Visited July 2011

Poole, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

On a trip to Bohol I used Scuba World but after 2 dives changes dive centres to Alona Divers. As an Instructor on a photo trip not ammused at being guided by a DMT who obviously didn't know the sites. Lost customer on second dive so not impressed. Listened to Instructor teaching an Open Water Sudent that the infator button on the BCD was the "Accelerator Button"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT IMPRESSED

Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington
16 attraction reviews
“Friendly, small dive shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Scuba world is a nice little dive shop on Alona Brach.

They took me on 3 dives with just me and the dive master. The dives were the house reefs Just off Alona beech and we dove from a small motor launch.

Cost was 1500 peso a dive including gear rental and boat fees. They will discount if you do 6 or more dives. The BC I used was a bit old, but still in working order.

They did not have enougheople to take me to Balivasag the next day, so I used a shop down the beach, Mr.Diver, who took me out even though I was the only customer that morning.

If you like a small dive shop and personalized service, this is a good shop

Visited February 2012