“Best place to relax!” 5 of 5 stars

Libaong, Panglao | Bohol, Philippines   |
Ranked #25 of 62 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
“Best place to relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

Relaxing ambiance of resort, awesome view of the beach, memorable tour adventures and great hospitality given by Ms.Tess and Mr. Greg are the best of Bagobo can offer! Definitely i will recommend Bagobo to my friends who want to visit Bohol.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed in this guesthouse 3 nights last week and I must say that it has been an horrible experience!!!
I'm used to travel a lot in South East Asia and I often go to this price range of hotel, but this is the first time I have the feeling that the landlords only want your money, don't care of you and don't give you any service. That's why I'm writing this comment.

First of all, the rooms and all the guesthouse is really dirty: the rooms are never cleaned during your stay, and I even believe that it is not cleaned between different guests. We arrived in the room (we were the only guests in the guesthouse), there was sand on the floor, dried insects on the roof of the bathroom and the bed room!!
We even found the 2nd day a cockroach in the room. Once we asked for a glass of water, the landlord gave us a glass of water full of ants!!! WTF?
For a 2000 PHP room, I really believe this is over paid for this kind of disgusting service.

Secondly, you pay a 2000 PHP room, but you don't get clean water in the bathroom: the water is salty (it's coming from the sea) and cold (sea temperature). If you want to take a shower you can buy a galloon of water, and the landlord can give you a thermos for hot water (lol?!) !!

Thirdly, they say that they have a stand by generator: [--]. The 3rd day there was a power black out the whole day for the island. I've asked the landlord to start the generator (in order to get water, because the water is coming from a filter machine which works with electricity: so no water for the whole day, even for toilets etc..): she said that they don't really know how it's working and believe it's broken down. Whereas all the other guesthouses of the beach were using the power generator for their guests. Banobo guesthouse doesn't care about its guests, that the only conclusion I see.

Concerning the breakfast they give you every morning: one cold egg, 4 slices of dried bread (I don't want to know when they bought it...when you see that you have ants in your glasses...it tells you everything about the cleanliness of the kitchen and the freshness of the ingredients), disgusting melty butter and a glass of water. no comment.

Finally, all the services you get are overpriced compared to other guest houses: airport pick up is 600 PHP (in comparison a 30 minute ride from Manila airport with a real metered taxi is 150 PHP), so If you have the choice take your own taxi at Tagbilaran airport or pier. They insist for you to visit the island using their van (very expensive) and lie when they say that the island is not convenient to visit with a scooter: we made it with a scooter, very easy, cheap, convenient and cool.

To conclude, Banobo beach resort take its customers for fools. They don't care about you. If you want to stay on this beach (that I really love), you can stay in another guesthouse on the beach front: they are most of them cheaper and better than this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My stay with my friends at Bagobo Beach Resort was a pleasant, hassle-free, and memorable one. It was the perfect getaway resort away from work... peaceful, quiet, and relaxing! I would like to call it a hidden paradise because there's not much crowd in the resort. In fact, during our stay, it was just me and my friends occupying the entire resort, and we value that so much. The hotel staff are also very friendly and accommodating with our requests.

Though the rooms are not that luxurious-looking, but it was clean and it had enough facilities to make our stay a comfortable one. Well, you don't have to expect so much considering the affordable rates they offer compared with other nearby resorts in the island.

If you don't enjoy so much soaking in the beach and feasting in the white sand under the sun, you can always avail of their unlimited use of videoke. The only thing I disliked in our stay, which caused me a certain discomfort, was the absence of fresh water for bathing. But there is a solution to it. You can always purchase mineral water if you don't want to take a bath using the sea water.

Overall, our stay in Bagobo Beach Resort was highly satisfactory. We got our much needed rest away from work in a place we can call "a home away from home!"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I highly recommend this place to stay. The place is peaceful and relaxing. i like the food they have given to us. I enjoyed my stay in there.
rooms are confortable, clear toilets, there's also a "Duyan" in there where you can lie down and relax.
all in all Bagobo beach resort will be my top options in the future whenever i came to Bohol.
i even recommended this resort to my friends that will be coming on August and September thsi year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jubail, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A perfect place to be especially for newly wed and young couple or even for a family...pure pristine white sandy beach, quiet, peaceful and crystal clear blue-waters, perfect ambience for a romantic settings away from the city...plus an excellent service, accommodation, recreational facilities, savor the delightful taste and quality of different cuisine and wide array of drinks and beverages makes Bagobo beach a total world class tourist destination...great experience and great value for money..A wonderful and unforgettable experience...Bagobo Beach-at its best. special thanks to Mr. Gregg the manager who made our stay more fun, relaxing & enjoyable..ciao

Room Tip: Rooms on beachside is more comfortable and convenient..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a memorable stay at the Bagobo beach resort.The resort provided me and my family an excellent service, delicious food and very comfortable accommodation, staffs are courteous , friendly and efficient always attended to our needs.Rooms are clean and spacious ,with easy access to the white sand beach.Ambience of the resort is a real relaxation , it's perfect for a whole family get away . It was our first time staying here and we definitely come back and will highly recommend this resort

• Stayed March 2013
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We decided to stay more than planned, bescause we felt "at home" !
Wonderfull place to stay, quiet and good cooking.
Lovely people: Tess and Gregory
You should try snorkelling or diving : Arco Point is there !
Very différent from Alona Beach.
Walking on the seaside is marvellous.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room near from the beach for 9 days.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Bagobo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!