“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Panglao Island
Makati, Philippines
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I like the staff of this hotel. They were accommodating. I chose this hotel because I thought the beach is at the back of the hotel. I found out the next morning that the place is not near the beach. I have to burn 15 minutes walk of calories to get to the beach. The swimming pool is clean, but it is really a kiddie pool. Compared to other hotels in Panglao, this one is a lot newer, the bed linens are new, the tiles are new. It is also a safe hotel to stay. There is no internet in the rooms though, just TVs.

Room Tip: choose a room near the pool, the annex building is not close to the pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We spent close to a week at Panglao regents annex and it was a very pleasant week. The room is simple but ir fit our needs for the price we paid. The shower could have more pressure but as we were there mostly to sleep it didn´t hurt us. The pool is great for kids and the staff was very nice as well. I only had breakfast a few days there and it was ok, you can find better ones walking distance. One down for the hotel is that upon arrival we were told we had to leave a cash deposit, it´s not a lot of money, but as we are paying in credit card they could use it as well. It´s not a honeymoon place, but if you want a good and cheap place to sleep and spend all day outside it´ll be fair

Room Tip: If you can avoid the annex
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I chose to stay at Panglao Regents Park because it is relatively cheaper than other hotels. The resort is not at the beachfront that's why, but walking to and fro would only take 3 to 5 minutes. Also, it has its own swimming pool, which most beachfront resorts do not have. Having a pool at the hotel-resort is somewhat important for me. The room is basic but clean and organized. The interiors and fixture are sturdy and functional, and modern in design; it looks obvious that the hotel is relatively new. The restaurant looks interesting but I found its menu a bit pricey.

The resort staff is courteous, helpful and responsive to our needs. Except when we asked for a 20% senior citizen's discount for my mom, the hotel staff unfortunately, didn't give us any. They said I made reservations online and they're paying extra for the online system. It didn't make any sense really. I insisted that I was paying for the rest of the amount and the discount could be deducted from it. They were kind enough to veto. Actually, it's not only this hotel, we encountered a few from other restos in Bohol as well...

Room Tip: Better to stay at the main resort than at the annex building.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a nice experience staying at the Panglao Regents Park Hotel earlier this month. It seems like a new hotel as everything looked clean and in working order. It has a nice pool and staff were all very helpful and make sure the stay was a pleasant one. Will seriously consider staying here again next time I'm in Bohol.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for one night only, having had a bad experience at another Alona hotel just prior to checking in. I ended up staying a second night there, but cut my overall visit to Alona short by two days due to a series of unpleasant experiences there.

Upon arrival I was informed that I'd have to leave a cash deposit of 500 pesos to cover "incidentals," even though as it turned out, there was nothing inside the hotel minibar fridge!

My room was on the single-floor strip at one end of the pool. It was clean and well-maintained, incredibly well for a property in this type of resort area. Room furnishings were in good condition and the king bed was comfortable. The minibar fridge got things cool, but never cold.

Fixtures in the bathroom seemed to be of low quality, including a shower head that sprayed water out the side. But water pressure was good, and the adjustable water heater ensured constant temperature.

The property advertises in-room wireless internet, but I could not connect at all inside my room. In fact, most times I had to go almost to the lobby to get a connection. When I asked about this an employee told me that wi-fi did not reach to most guest rooms. Not being able to surf indoors at night was an annoyance.

Although lodgers congregate in the pool until fairly late hours, often in a disruptively noisy manner, the area was quiet by 10:30 or so, and I was able to sleep soundly. The aircon worked well throughout my stay.

The one breakfast I ate at the hotel was brought to my table hot, but was of only passable quality and seemed a bit overpriced.

Something that irked me a bit was the fact that when my local companion went to the bar to get ice for the room, she was charged 30 pesos. However, when I went to get ice the price rose to 50 pesos! This type of nickel-and-dime grubbing seems to be typical of the Alona Beach area.

When it came time to check out, I presented my "incidentals" deposit receipt at the front desk and was told that it would be deducted from my bill instead of being refunded to me in cash. Not having any trust in this process I asked for--and received--a cash refund.

Throughout my stay all hotel staff I encountered were polite. The property itself was nice in appearance and well-maintained. The room was reasonably comfortable.

But the glitches during my stay were enough to remind me that just next door is another property, similar in room quality and with an honest owner, that can be had for little more than half the price of my room at Panglao Regents Park Resort. Should I return to Alona, I'd be more likely to stay at that property than return to Regents Park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in good sized room next to pool. Loved the resort as soon as I arrived - relaxing atmosphere, good quality facilities & friendly / helpful staff. Was romantic place to be with my girlfriend. I hope to be back to Philippines within next 2 years & I would stay here again. There was a good sized gym being built around the side of the complex, so I could use that when I return. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast & lunch & was very happy with these meals.

Room Tip: The rooms next to the pool are great as there are deck chairs immediately outside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed 4 nights for a short break after booking wih Agoda, A very well laid out resort with friendly and very helpful staff, even the most arkward of guests were given the best of treatment. Nice rooms (we stayed in the annexe) but only had to cross the road to be in main building for swimming pool, resto & bar, spacious areas to relax in, very clean & comfortable, we will use Regents Park again. Only a short walk to the beach it will take as long as you want it to cos of the shops & resto's on the way, but quick walking no more than 10 mins, but who wants to hurry? We have stayed at The Alona Beach Resort only 300m further down the same side road & Regents Park is much better even if it is not beachfront, the short walk is worth it. P.S. Towels changed every day

Room Tip: Annexe slightly cheaper but still nice rooms we were on 2nd floor hardly any road noise very quiet d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Panglao Regents Park Resort? Share your experiences!