I stayed here for 6 nights as part of a dive package through the Seaquest dive shop attached to the resort. The bungalow I stayed in was large and comfortable with a good AC unit, if a little noisy. The bungalow was nicely decorated, Im not sure what the other comments about the decoration are about, they are very nicely done. The bungalows are well maintained and gardens are beautifully manicured. I agree with the comments about the water on the floor of the shower room but the shower is very nice and hot and the bathroom decor is very nice. The setting for the bungalows in the gardens with the swimming pool and restaurant/reception area is lovely, a real Oasis away from the hussle and bussle of the town centre and away from the beach bars with their live music and bands playing. If you want to stay somewhere peaceful in beautiful surrounding, living in a traditional style bungalow Oasis Resort is definitely the play to stay. The owner BJ is a very laid back and relaxed man, cheerful and always likes to have a chat with his guests and also with his staff which is good to see that he is making sure they are doing their jobs properly because sometimes in the Philippines if the boss is not around I have seen staff in other places get a bit too 'relaxed'. The staff their are very nice and friendly, Kate at the reception is a lovely girl, friendly, polite and hard working. Most of the staff will treat you like family by the end of your stay but also provide a very good level of service as I always say them busy and working hard when serving guests. The food at the restaurants, either in the resort, on the beach or at the beach bar is very good quality, you pay a little more but you get the quality for the extra 20-30 pesos that you pay, and to be honest Im happy to pay such a small difference for good quality ingredients. Id highly recommend the 'Oasis Royal Burger'. Its massive, and very tasty and unless you have a huge appetite you really dont need fries.
If you are thinking of going diving with the Seaquest shop I would also recommend this. The Divemasters are good, the diving location are amazing, maybe some of the best in the Philippines, the boats they provide are good with very good hard working deckhands. The equipment the shop provides is good quality if a little worn through use. Make sure you check everything is in proper working order and fits properly before you sign for it. Through no fault of the shop I agreed to a mask that was a little small which become uncomfortable but this was my fault not the dive shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Class A location; right at the beach area, tranquil environment (no TV!), swimming pool in lush garden, affiliated with established Dive Center (SeaQuest DC), two restaurant area's, beach lounge, super friendly staff. Come as a guest leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Hotel Panglao Island
- Oasis Hotel Bohol
- Oasis Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island