Basically we came in to Palau "back packing" style, no plans, apart from diving, and headed straight for Alona beach from the Tagbilaren ferry port (about 10km and PHP 200-300 on a trike, more by car), and Alona beach is ok, but not if you don't like being asked for massage / trip / souvenirs about 10 times every 100 metres. So I grabbed a motor bike hire and went searching for somewhere quieter, headed south - Danao beach. There are a number of more expensive places about (Linaw, Dive Stop, Blue Water) but for the money Tropical Villas is excellent. Very quiet in November, we had the place practically to ourselves, and right on the beach (unlike Blue Water).
Downsides are only that the staff seem a little out of practice (too few people ??) but always eager to help, and the blissful calm and quiet might come off as desolate and backwater to some - but we loved it. The beach is good, but the waters suffer from seaweed. These issues are not worthy to down grade below 5/5.
It almost felt cheeky, but you can stay here and walk the 50m further south to enjoy a stroll-up, table-on-the-beach romantic dinner setting at Linaw next door with the added feeling of tropical island explorers just happening upon the fantastic beach-setting dining room (and stay for after-dinner drinks at their bar too before sneaking off to your 1/3 price room next door).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Panglao Tropical Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panglao Tropical Villas Hotel Panglao Island
- Panglao Tropical Villas Bohol Province/Panglao Island