“Stormy weather” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Charlie Claw's

Charlie Claw's
Diani Beach Shopping Center (The Charle Claw's Shop), Wasini Island 80400, Kenya
+254722205156
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a unique day tour that involves Dhow Sailing, Dolphin Spotting, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving (extra) as well as fine dining at our world famous Charlie Claw's Restaurant on Wasini Island followed by a scenic walking tour on Wasini Island. Guests can also relax at our Lazy Lagoon Pool. Bring the whole family! Children 3-11 years get 50% off and admission is free for kids under 3 years of age.
Brighton, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Stormy weather”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have already written a review and received an acknowledgement , but don't see the review on line yet. What's happened?

Visited October 2012

Brighton, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Weather or not to go on the trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We drove down from Nyali to Wasini for our Charlie Claws trip. The weather was cloudy and we all hoped it would clear up, but it only got worse. The staff were great, but by the time we had had our first snorkell the rain had come and we were all freezing on a boat which was not able to shelter us.
I had asked for prescription goggles and told these would be provided, but no one had told the crew. They sent off and eventually a pair was delivered.By this time the sea was decidedly choppy and several people had had to take sea sickness pills. I couldn't see the coral anyway. There was a little boat with two glass bottomed boxes- but one was broken, and three people who couldn't snorkell had to share these and try to peer at the coral
The whole group felt that the organisers must have realised how bad the weather was and should have called off this trip, or at least give a refund.
It must be better to see the coral on a sunny day- or at least not raining.
Lunch was nice, although we had to huddle around chimineas to get warm, and of course we had no dry clothes to put on.
To make matters worse, on our way home, the roads were flooded (yes it was that bad) and our driver crashed into a pick up, and then a matatu slammed into the back of our (Charlie Claws) bus, in the dark in the middle of rush hour!!! It was very frightening and put the lid on this awful day. We paid £70 each for this trip were given no recompense, not even a phone call to ask if we were ok after the crash!!!

Visited October 2012
Africa
“Great time, especially the Lunch at Charlie Claws”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Snorkelling, dolphins and the Kisite Marine site were just appetisers compared to the local food that we got served at Charlie Claws!

The coconut pieces, the little fried fish pieces,the tropical drink,the crabs,the swahili chapattis,the rice and red-snapper in coconut sauce!!!

Its a shame Charlie Claws isnt listed in Tripadvisor, its an entity on its own!

Deserves to be in the 100 Places to go before you die!

Visited September 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome trip-Swimming with the dolphins!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We sent a few mails to enquire about the activities included in the day trip to Wasini Island and we got a very standard reply about spotting dolphins, snorkelling, walking through the coral gardens and a great seafood lunch. What most of them did not notice in my mail was that my husband and I are vegetarians and we are non-swimmers. Florence from Charlie's Claw was the only one to get back with a more personalised email and organised the trip very well. The best part was when my husband along with one of the instructors went snorkelling and got to swim with the dolphins!!! This will always remain etched in our memories. I too got to watch the corals and fish through the glass-bottomed boat. Florence arranged for a vegetarian meal to perfectly match our taste!! Kuddos to Charlie's Claw team and mainly, to Florence!!

Visited October 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Tour of Wasini Island and Diving with Charlie Claws”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have never had the opportunity to SCUBA dive before and was feeling a little nervous about trying it for the first time in the sea and not in a swimming pool. Once on board the Dow and made welcome with drinks and fresh melon I was given instruction on the equipment. There was ample opportunity to ask questions and go over things again if I did not understand them.
The whole experience was taken at a pace that I was comfortable with and I was constantly checked upon to make sure that I was happy and confident with how the dive was going. My diving companions (friends) had all been diving before, but I felt that the dive went at my pace because I was the only beginner.
A lifetime ambition for me was realised as the most amazing part of the dive was when we were joined by a dolphin which swam around and between us. The colours of the fish and the varieties were diverse and our guide took us to the best nooks and crannies to see a leopard eel and the like.
After the dive we were taken to another part of the marine park where we went snorkling and followed a sea turtle and this was followed by a delicious seafood lunch (large crabs and fish) and chill out by the lazy laggoon on the island.
This was a day that I will always remember and I would highly recommend it to anyone who either wishes to dive or snorkle

Visited September 2011