This was our first visit to Majorca. We usually go to small Greek islands but decided to have a change. Chose this resort as research indicated it was one of the quieter areas of the island. Did check TA for reviews of the resort and apartment before booking and as usual a great help. We chose the smaller Montelin complex rather than the adjoining Villa Concha as it was the quieter of the two. I had emailed direct prior to arrival requesting a 1st floor rather than ground as usually a balcony is more private than a terrace. Unfortunately they replied they could not guarantee our request and on arrival we had been allocated a ground floor. The apartment was clean and adequate for our needs but the lack of privacy was an issue for us.Some prefer a ground floor for convenience of the pool and no steps to climb but we are not "pool people" preferring to swim in the sea. We arrived Saturday evening for 2 wks so my husband went to reception and was told we could probably move to the 1st floor but not until Monday. In the circumstances we didn't unpack everything but the inconvenience was worth it. We did the move in 10 minutes on Monday morning. We had an end apartment with a large balcony which was so much more private than the ground floor. As we tend to eat breakfast and a few evening meals on the outside area of the apartment it was nice to have privacy.
Adequate kitchen equipment was provided. The apt was cleaned on a regular basis and sheets, towels changed regularly. The cleaners were cheery and non intrusive so no pressure to vacate the room if having a late breakfast. I think our cleaner must have thought we had a tummy problem as at each visit 2 extra loo rolls appeared!
Our only gripe would be the the ants. A few on the kitchen worktops fine, but having left a packet of biscuits in the cupboard- even though they were sealed with a peg-the next day they were covered with an army of ants and I mean hundreds!! My husband spoke to the neighbour and she had woken in bed with ants crawling on her! She had obtained a spray from reception which she gave to us but as it stated not to be used nr food so we didn't use. We got another type from the supermarket which could be used near food. In the end we sprayed all around the bed and aired the room but still didn't use in the kitchen area. The cupboard wasn't used and we stored food in the fridge, microwave and suitcase!! Please take this not as a complaint against the Montelin jut a warning as our nephew was staying in a villa the other side of the island and also had an ant problem.
As stated we are not "pool people" but several other guests were and it seemed to be clean in and around the pool. Adequate sunbeds were provided.
We only went to Villa Concha to use the book exchange and again found it to be clean in the communal areas. In the foyer as well as books guests leave various items at the end of their stay sun creams, shampoo etc and one day we picked up a sun umbrella which we returned at the end of our stay. We did use it if arriving on the beach late in the day. 11 euros for 2 beds 1 umbrella is the most we have ever paid and certainly cost us over the 2 wk period. Even chic resorts we have visited in Greece were cheaper.
Previous reviews state these apts are in a quiet area 5 mins to the lovely beach and 10 to the main area of restaurants and shops which I can only reiterate.
Despite a blip in the weather in the middle of our 2 weeks we had a lovely holiday. We would return to Puerto Pollensa and indeed to the Montelin Apts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montelin Studios The Montelin studios have recently been refurbished, with a very modern style and with facilities especially designed for a perfect holiday in Mallorca. It is located in one of the most prestigious areas of Puerto de Pollença.Its exterior part is perfect for lovers of peace and relaxation as it has a very well looked after and equipped swimming pool area, surrounded by typical Majorcan gardens.Location & ResortVery close to the beach and a gentle 5 minute stroll to the main restaurants and shopping areas, and 10 minutes to the square where there is an open-air market every Wednesday. Eating & Drinking Lounge bar. Swimming pool snack bar (snack menu at lunchtime), amazing buffet on breakfasts /dinners with show cooking, thematic nights, dietetics menu, etc...Activities & Entertainment Table Tennis. Gaming machines*. Frequent entertainment: daytime and evening. Hotel run kids club with qualified staff. Free New Wi-Fi. Cycling facilities: bike garage, tools, and mechanical service (on request). Bike tours. Special menus for cyclists.Pool Area Fresh water swimming pool. Sun loungers and sunshades. Accommodation Studios sleep up to 3 adults, with very comfortable beds and a full bathroom, hairdryer, fully equipped kitchen, Satellite LCD TV, Free safety deposit box, Air conditioning and Balcony. Additional Information 24 rooms, 2 floors, Official star rating: 3 starTransfer time: 1hour 45minutes Child age: up to 12 years*Local charge payable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Hoposa Montelin Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoposa Montelin Apartments Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Montelin Apartments Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain