“racing bike hire” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Leeds, United Kingdom
“racing bike hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband hired a super bike on two seperate occasions,the staff were very knowledgeable,they charge reasonable fees,in total with helmet and shoe hire it came to areasonable 29 euros

Visited October 2013

Chester, UK
4 attraction reviews
“Bike Hire in Port de Pollença (Puerto Pollensa)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

2GoCycling.com
There are a number of bike hire shops in Puerto Pollensa. The rates (Sept 2013) for one day hire range from about €8 to €26. The cheaper bikes are the City and Mountain bike types and not all shops carry decent quality Road bikes. Most places reduce the daily rate if hiring for 2 or more days.
I specifically wanted to try a good road bike. If you don't have this specific requirement, I would recommend a Mountain Bike or hybrid as there are many trails and dirt roads/ tracks for which they would be fine, but which are not suitable for road bikes.

As the weather was good, I also wanted an early start (i.e. before the shops opened). I therefore enquired about a 5pm to 5pm hire. This was a problem (unexplained) for rentmarch.com who wouldn't let me have a bike overnight. I therefore went to 2GoCycling.com who were happy to allow this.

Having established what type of bike I ride at home, they recommended that I should hire an aluminium rather than carbon model. They then discovered that they didn’t have my size available and so let me have a carbon model (Specialised Tarmac) for the lower price. (Carbon framed models are more expensive, but also more difficult to repair if damaged. As standard hire terms make you responsible for all damage, you may want to check your insurance cover before hiring a €2000 bike like this). They insisted that the bike should not be left in the open overnight (presumably because of the value) – fortunately our apartment block was able to provide internal locked storage.

They changed the pedals for me (from cleated to normal). Bike came with water-bottle, pump and puncture repair outfit. Lock an extra €1. I had brought my own helmet (supposedly compulsory between towns in Mallorca, except in hot weather or long climbs! - a law that must be practicably unenforceable).
There is a specific cycling map for Mallorca, but it is €7.50 so expensive for a one day hire – I already had a hiking map and this was more than adequate.

The shop itself was well stocked, the people were knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. I managed to leave my driving licence behind and they have promised to post it back to me in the UK.

Would/ will definitely use again. 5 Star.

Visited September 2013