“Travelled as a couple” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Apartments Oro Playa

You added Apartments Oro Playa to your Saves list
Apartments Oro Playa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crta. Formentor s/n, 07470 Port de Pollenca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
“Travelled as a couple”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Where do i start to say the appartment was tired was an understatement it had given up the will to live. The cooker was two rings it looked like it came from a scrap yard as did the cupboards all marked and handles hanging off. The tv was so small on the couple of occasions when we put it on you had to practically sit on top of it to see it. The sheets had holes in as did the towels and the curtains hung badly . I could keep going. The positives were the staff and the fact that the rooms although dreadfully shabby were clean. We spent as little time in the appartment although we had intended to have a couple of meals in but just wanted to get away from the place. There was a bad storm one evening which resulted in water coming in through the roof in the lobby, say no more . Another positive was the location. Would we go back , Yes to Porto Pollensa but never to Ora Playa

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Well this was our first time to this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't have high expectations to begin with (you get what you pay for at the end of the day) however, it offered some pleasing perks.
Negatives: Yes, the rooms could do with a bit of a refurb. But ultimately you don't spend your holiday in your room, so as long as there's a bed then it'll do! The pool could also do with being a little bigger for the amount of people in the middle of summer.
Positives: The bar staff and entertainment staff made our holiday. They made you feel welcome and at home. Manuel the entertainer had a good sense of humour so we had a great laugh with him. There are plenty of daily activities for all ages during the day and the evening entertainment was fun! If you let your hair down and get involved then you will definitely enjoy it.
The location is also fab, right near the beach - perfect.
Great value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well this was my 8th time staying at these apartments and again had a great time, although we were disappointed with the entertainment in particular Manuel. A man who had no interest in the activities and in particular the ones for the adults. It seemed he only wanted to take part in what he liked and changed the timetable to suit him. Unfortunately he met his match in me. I was looking forward to the aqua aerobics and so were lots of other ladies, when that morning he changed the timetable. After asking him why it wasn't taking place he said because the electricity was cut off he had no music although at this point it was working. After a discussion about the change in the timetable he made his way over to my sunbed and told me I was rude to him !!!! I immediately complained to Martin at reception about his behaviour, after all I was a guest on holiday how dare he speak to me this way. After a few minutes Martin spoke with him and suddenly Aqua Aerobics was back on and he was made to apologise to me. Martin had told him that he had to stick to the timetable so he done it for the duration of my holiday. (god knows if it had taken place after I left). The water polo also seemed to be a problem and the men almost arranged it between themselves otherwise this would never of happened either. Obviously Manuel is not cut out for this job - he came across as lazy and a "cant be bothered attitude". A new entertainer needs to be sorted out for next year !!!!

As always the bar staff were fantastic. A special thanks to Tony who with the help of my daughter had organised a birthday cake for me and a bottle of champagne, and to Manuel's annoyance I actually won the bingo that night. (he practically threw the winnings on to the table). Martin, Patricia and Lewis were their usual helpful selves.

Yes the sunbed saga is a pain but overall we had a good time, and once again meeting friends from previous holidays makes it very much a community.

I was a little disappointed having forgot my cardigan when I left that the cleaners had not handed it in after we had left and can only assume that she claimed it for herself :)

Great location, restaurants and beach.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A friend and I went to Port de Pollenca back in June. We had one of our best holidays ever. Yes this place is very basic but it's location and more importantly staff make it fantastic. We had a great time! Its across the road from a beautiful beach, the pool area is great with its lovely palms and you can get a beer at the bar or a very cheap bottle of wine (ask them to initial it and you can have a glass every night....if it lasts that long!).
Tony the barman was fantastic as was Manuel and all of the staff. We had a very basic room but with a fantastic balcony overlooking the hills. You can get buses to Pollenca village and also Cala San Vicente for a couple of euro return which is well worth it.
I believe this place is about to get a makeover but that might make it more expensive next time round.

Room Tip: First floor facing out had a great view over the hills.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Republic of Mancunia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wanted to write war and peace about this hotel, but having read the previous review it more or less says it exactly how it is.

Staff are the only real plus point, reception great, entertainer great, bar staff are steady.
Pool is fairly small and busy but good for the kids.

No sunbed policy so if you do find a couple then you are sadly left to leave your towels on it as do the other 99% of the residents.

Food at the bar was reasonably nice although no cheaper than some of the nice restaurants nearby (Laroc, Ambrosia, The Pines Bar).

Rooms are tired and prevalent with mosquitos. Cleaner just tidy the beds and the self catering facilities are not the best.

Location is great, only 5 minutes from the square and 2 mins from the beach.

Wouldn't stay here again if I'm honest, I would probably pay more for an apartment or better hotel.

This is definitely a 2 star not a 3 star.

Room Tip: Aim for a ground floor near the pool as it will give you a better chance of getting a sun bed!
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this apartment late and were nervous about what we were going to get - ususally if unsold, it is for a reason. We travelled with 2 children (6 and 8).

Overall, the hotel grew on us I guess. First impressions were not brilliant, as many others have said, it really does need some basic TLC, just a coat of paint would be a good start. Our room was basic (block K) but was perfectly clean and there were plenty of changes of bedding / cleaning etc during the week - I would have been very unhappy if it hadnt been clean and really I thought it was fine for the price.

On the positive side, the staff really are great. Everyone working there was very friendly, spoke decent English and was really trying to help. Overall I was really impressed with the staff and I can see why some guests would return year after year as it does have a nice feel to it. Manuel was great with our kids depsite it being near the end of the season.

Also, the location is really excellent, close to the amenities of town and also the lovely pine walk area where there are more quiet beaches with lovely clear sea water to play in.

However, the sun bed situation was poor. Most have headrests broken and worse, most were reserved all day, some for the duration of the holiday. This was a real shame and does spoil things. All it would take was a bit of organsiation from the hotel staff to enforce some sort of policy and it would be great - that said, I suspect at the very peak of season there will never be enough beds. On that same theme, the pool isn't massive, there is usually quite a lot of music on and so it was on the verge of all being a bit too busy / nosiy for me. Not that my kids cared.

So in conclusion - Management please listen - I thing guests really want to love your hotel, your location and staff are excellent. Please just sort your refurbishment programme and have a bit more of a system to manage the sunbeds !

We did enjoy our holiday !

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I must say that the customer service at the Oro Playa was excellent. There were two people there who were especially helpful in getting our room changed as the room we had was right above the music. I want to express our thanks to Patricia and Lewis who were lovely and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartments Oro Playa? Share your experiences!