What a great place to stay, so early in the season (April 2012), we couldn't really ask for much more! Puerto Pollensa is a charming area to the North of the Island. We stayed in the superbly run family centred hotel that is the Playa Mar and we were pleasantly surprised. A great location just a few minutes walk to the beach or bay, and start of the "Pine Walk" which is a lovely scenic walk along the bay 15 minutes away from the port centre. April is the start of the season so it was relatively quiet, very scenic with a laid back feel. (Pine walk paving - not great for pushchairs!)
As a family of four with two children, aged 3 and 13 with very different needs they were both adequately catered for at the hotel. Our 13 year old emersed himself in table tennis darts and shooting tournaments with the super animation team, whilst our 3 year year old enjoyed the pool area and the slightly imposing water slides. Staff were warm and friendly, very helpful and super efficient. The hotel was spotlessley clean, the pool area, restaurant bar area were pristine and the new Spa facilities and treatment rooms provided a five star experience, the spa with indoor pool itself was free to use, and welcomed children at certain times of the day.
Our 3 year year old has some difficulties with his mobility, and uses a disability buggy so we asked for a ground floor apartment which worked well for us. I was extremely impressed at how accessible the hotel was - ramps and lifts everywhere - ideal for wheelchair users. Our room was pool facing which as it was low season was fine, we did wonder whether this would prove too noisy in the height of the season, with a fully occupied hotel. The evening entertainment was fairly loud and intrusive, and there was no escaping the music and animation teams PA system til late. This was fine for us but its worth considering if you prefer quieter evenings.
The rooms themselves were of a good standard, with a well equipped kitchenette, microwave kettle toaster electric two ring (no oven) and fridge as standard. Linen, towels and bedding were all of a good quality.
We chose the half board option and found there to be a good variety of food, we particularly enjoyed the fruit and salad selections and freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast! We found that both our boys ate very well with a great range of fish, meat or vegetarian choices each day. Snacks icecreams and drinks purchased at the hotel outside mealtimes were all very well priced. There was a supermarket on site open until midday and larger stores within 10 minute walk and prices were reasonable.
Overall this was an excellent week away early in the season, which may have counted towards the experience. I would be happily recommend Playa Mar to family and friends, and wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca’s Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.