“Superdooper” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Perdepera Resort

You added Perdepera Resort to your Saves list
Perdepera Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Marina di Cardedu - Localita Perd'e Pera, 08040 Cardedu, Sardinia, Italy (Formerly Villaggio Veraclub Perdepera)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cardedu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Superdooper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

we are two 60 year olds, husband and wife and we did try Perdepera for the first time on the 14th September 2013. We were apprehensive as it is an activity holiday but we enjoyed it very much as we lay on the beach and laughed at the going on's, watching people of all different ages try their hands at surfing, kyacking, sailing and the catermarang.There is also sunset stretch on the beach there is water polo, water aerobics, Yoga, I did the aerobics and really enjoyed it though she did give us a tough time but such good fun. There was also snorkeling, deep sea diving, biking, at all different abillities. The place is very relaxed but the staff are on the ball at all times they are very professional and it is run very very well. There is never a problem as they sort it straight away. the food was very good and plenty and the Alla Carte was great too. the place was isolated but the beach was great and free sunbeds and that is what I wanted to do was to sleep, read, eat and swim and it did that for us. It was great value for Money we did not spend much as you had wine with dinner and lunch and we were so full up that we could only have a couple of drinks, if that a night. The room was big and comfy not flash but nice and clean we could not have asked for more. The coach ride, two hours was worth it in the end. Good holiday I might even give the wind surfing a go next time as they make you feel so comfortable and not embarrassing while you try these things.

Room Tip: We had room 211 which was right near the beach and near the reception as my husband has walking prob...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great holiday while the resort was quiet and the sun shining. It is isolated, and the coffee is vile in the restaurant. Walk 10 mins along the beach to the bars outside where service is friendly, coffee is great and the prices are right.
We loved the garden feel, although everything that flew or crawled seemed to bite, even the ordinary flies. If you go take plenty bug repellant and maybe some antihistamines.
Mark Warner provided a kettle in the 24 hour kitchen so we were easily able to make our own coffee.
Hotel staff were mostly very helpful and friendly. They will speak English, but making a bit of an effort to speak Italian pays dividends :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the school holidays for two weeks with our girls aged 5 and 3. Childcare, as ever is great and altho it was very hot the air conditioning in the rooms helped. The children loved the staff and we used them on occasion for extra babysitting in the room when we went out for meals as the food got so repetitive. Movie club was a hot with my eldest and the youngest slept in the sleep room quite happily.
The sea was very variable all week so the children didn't get much chance to go sailing or kayaking as the Head of the Beach was rightly very cautious and wouldn't let them out if it was too choppy.
Beach was lovely, great selection of things to do but why oh why do we have to pay to hire mountain bikes?? It's expensive enough without having to pay extra for something that should be included as standard. We used them a couple of times to escape from the resort and they were fine.
Rooms were clean and basic but we weren't in them much. Thank God for air con. Food was ok - not a great selection on buffet night and very repetitive. Compared to Neilson who really go to town on the food, we felt it was not worth the money, especially the desserts!! A choice of ice cream and one pudding was really poor and I havent eaten ice cream since as I got so fed up with it. A la carte nights were fine.
The coffee machine and tea making facilities in general were atrocious like everyone else has mentioned and if you wanted a decent cup you had to pay in the bar!! ludicrous!
Poor coffee aside, The main issues for me were the horrendous wasps that blighted every mealtime and meant we ended up eating inside all the time as my 3 tear old was petrified of them and her crying spoilt the meal and the fact that we were quite literally in the middle of nowhere. No shops, no amenities no nothing close by - not very sustainable for the local economy as the guests rarely left the hotel. I actually felt quite trapped and depressed by the end of the holiday.
However, I cant fault the permanently chirpy and helpful staff, well done to Mark Warner for employing such professional people (the Italian staff in the resort were another matter however) and the Restaurant Manager who put up with my constant requests and complaints - he always sorted things out for me.
To summarise: the children loved it, my husband who sails enjoyed it but I felt bored and trapped. If you are mad on tennis, sailing, mountain biking and keep fit and are prepared to do it in 38 degree heat (the tennis court was fully booked all day every day!) and you are prepared to be in the middle of nowhere then its the holiday for you - if you don't like any of the above then save your money and choose a package holiday to the Canaries. We will go on a Mark Warner again but out of season as then it feels like better value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the tennis courts and baby nursery are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Teddington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great beach staff and beach facilities - couldn't fault. Mark Warner staff all brilliant, especially the manager. Food fine; not outstanding but perfectly decent. Yes coffee (and tea) appalling - why so? Shouldn't have to take a kettle on holiday to a good resort. Rooms simple, as expected; however the beds hard as nails, and the pillows/bedding/towels thin and mean. Great fun to share with other Sardinian guests, and feel that we were not just in a UK bubble. Won't return to this resort, but will try different Mark Warner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, plenty of choice and fantastic service. Yes, the coffee was a bit ropy but having read previous reviews we took our own, and a travel kettle. Otherwise the room had everything we needed and was kept spotlessly clean. Fantastic sandy beach and clear waters and the water-sports team were very helpful and professional. The only thing I wouldn't recommend was the optional trip to the local Market on the Friday morning. The general consensus was that it was a little on the disappointing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in booking a return visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

First - we did have a lovely week here with some genuine highlights and great moments. But I won't be back to this resort. Sorry Mark Warner, it's not the overall MW stuff that lets it down but your Italian partners who failed to live up to our expectations.
What we loved was the beach and sea - truly gorgeous. The sailing was fantastic (my husband's domain) while the sunbathing and swimming (my speciality) was just great.
In terms of food, the a la carte menus were excellent and we enjoyed some first class meals. The buffet evenings were ok, but nowhere near as enjoyable. Others have commented on the coffee machines - no exaggerations, dreadful.
The beach bar lacked any atmosphere but was a pleasant place to sit. The main bar was pleasant for a drink or two but quite pricey and contained some of the world's most uncomfortable chairs.
Comfort is the thing that was missing at Perdepera - rooms are spartan, rock hard beds and nowhere to relax at the end of the day, a sofa bed in the corner was just hard and awkward. I heard other charitable guests comment - "well you don't come to Mark Warner to stay in your room" - sorry, but I do expect to have a room that is better than I used to pay rock bottom prices for when taking rooms in Corfu in the early 1980s.
The MW staff were great, but did seem a little jaded and tired at the end of the season. We learnt from a few off-duty staff over drinks in the bar that there were real problems with the demarcation between the MW services and the Italian owners' control of the rooms, bars and restaurants, with the owners being reluctant/refusing to make improvements MW were asking for - not sure how long MW have a contract for here but I hope they don't bother renewing it unless they get the rooms upgraded, comfortable bar seating and new coffee machines!
We'll do Mark Warner again, they offer excellent value for money for an end of season break- but not to Perdepera Beach.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't go there if you are childless and seeking a romantic getaway! I am here at the moment on my second day so far. What swayed me to pick this hotel was the fact that the kids had their own pool. Fab, I thought. I could lounge by the main pool, read my book and relax. Wrong! The kids here have completely taken over and haven't left the adult pool. Something else glaringly obvious is that the toilets are empty..... guess they are peeing in the pool?(!) I would suggest to the hotel that they ensure the kids stick to their own pool. Aside from that the staff are friendly. There are lots of activities to do like cycling, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking Tec and the staff running these activities are very good. Food is average. Dont expect proper Italian when you eat here. Food is also Luke warm / cold which is disappointing. I would suggest that the hotel I vests in plate warmers perhaps. Bring your own toilettries because they only supply s small cake of soap and that's it. Bring s kettle as there are no facilities in the room. There is a small shop on site for forgotten toilettries but don't expect to find any newspapers fir sale. I will update my review at the end of this holiday but can say with conviction that we won't be back....not without kids.

Room Tip: I think e s check chalet is the same.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Perdepera Resort? Share your experiences!