TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Perif. De La Juventud 6100 | Fracc. Las Haciendas, Chihuahua 31236, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now save up to 15%
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Chihuahua
Boise, United States
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The location is great, the quality of room and service, definitely not! Shuttle left us standing on a sidewalk for 1 hour before finally picking us up. Despite us making the request for pickup hours in advance. Turns out they went to the wrong building, waited 10 minutes, and instead of calling decided to just drive back. The showers are more of a concept than reality. You stand in a tub, you turn on a shower, but you get a Catholic baptism with sprinkled water instead. My HHonors membership provided me exactly nothing. What's the point? The only think keeping this from being Terrible was the clean rooms, good breakfast and happy hour service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in Chihuahua in August 2013 on business, and stayed at this proeprty for four nights. The property was in good shape, and has been added onto 1-2 times. My room was in the original section, was a basic king room with a refigerator (newer sections look like they have larger rooms/ suites). I found the room a bit small, but adequate. The HVAC worked well with a fan on option. The room and bathroom were clean, and freshened daily. I found the breakfast area near the lobby very spacious, offering an excellent breakfast buffet, with many Mexican food choices in addition to American basics. During the dinner hours, the property offered a light dinner with a full bar (all complimentary). The staff is bi-lingual, friendly and very accomadating. This property is located in a newer section of Chihuahua, with many resturants (several within walking distance) and shopping near by. I felt safe at this property and the city during my visit. When I return to Chihuahua, I will be returning to this property.

Room Tip: not on the road side, but noise was not too bad
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

When I visit Chihuahua with our local representative, I like to check on the local battle that seems to be going on between the Hampton and the Wingate. Our rep has visitors in town several times per month. Before I book, they give me the status of the competition so I can decide which property to pick.

I'm diamond on Hilton, so I lean toward the Hampton unless the price is significantly different. Recently, the Hampton has been a lot more expensive compared to the equally nice Wingate. Points are nice, but not for a huge premium.

They are both located off of the same street on opposite sides of a retail area. The Wingate is up on a hill above the fray and most noise, while the Hampton is down on the road level, with slightly better access.

Both put out a strong breakfast offering as expected, but the nice thing that you don't always see is the happy hour buffet in the afternoon. There seems to be a competition. Salad, chips, snacks, light sandwiches and cocktails and beer are served up free at both properties. This time, one started offering chicken wings, so the other has them too.

Both properties are new and clean and have friendly staff who are fluent in English. Both have large rooms, comfortable beds, strong WiFi, and nice big bathrooms like USA business travelers expect.

I'm writing this review based on my previous stay at the Hampton and am comparing it to my recent stay at the Wingate. Most recently, I ended up at the Wingate because the price on Appollo was $20 less for the Wingate vs. The Hampton Inn. You can't go wrong with either property. Pick the one with the best price for the nights you need.

Room Tip: Be sure to compare pricing between the Hampton and Wingate when you book. They are very close to ea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SOMERSET
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent service, excellent food at breakfast and during happy hour. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting CHIH Mexico.. The staff will do everything in their power to support you. The hotel is also very safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Flagstaff, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful with all of our questions about getting around the city. They provided a free shuttle when we needed to go somewhere. The lobby area had light dinner & drinks on the weekend evening and the continental breakfast was above average. The only downside with this hotel would be if you wanted to get an authentic Mexican travel experience - this is not it. This is American in Mexico - but it is a good base for exploring and a very safe, clean place to stay. We were able to walk from the hotel to a couple different bars and restaurants (also americanized).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions. I am very pleased with the hotel. The rooms are roomy, clean, and comfortable. There is a coffee maker in the room. Some rooms have a microwave and small fridge. They have an included breakfast buffet that is very good. On pack days you might have a hard time reaching the single waffle maker but I was able to live a day without waffles.

I am not giving the place a 5 rating as I stayed at this location on a Saturday and returned for a stay on Monday. I was very so pleased with the Saturday stay that I asked them to reserve a room for Monday. When we drove into town after a long drive and ready to sleep. They surprised me with a price more than 50% higher than my Saturday stay. We were to tired to go find an alternate place late at night. It was a big turn off and I did not enjoy my stay after that. The reasoning was that they have different rates on the weekends than on weekdays. This was probably my bad for not checking but I was really disappointed. For the amount we paid we could have stayed at a much nicer place. I will write a complaint to their management about this and be very careful next time I reserve.

Room Tip: Get rooms away from the road, facing the pool if possible. Much quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Irving, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is located by a main commercial strip near Soriana, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes and numerous other USA chain stores you will think you never left the US. Its located next to an Applebees. The hotel is about a 45 minute drive from the airport and I suggest bringing a GPS because the Avis map is not good enough to get you there. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and consistent with what I get at Hampton Inns in the USA. The hot breakfast was excellent with no line and plenty of seating. We got a discount for booking through Trip Advisor (I did not realize that I did that...) that was better than the discount with AAA. The check in person volunteered this information at check in and gave us the better rate. Overall we will stay here again when I come back to Chihuahua.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City? Share your experiences!