TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Not good but not completely terrible.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Santa Regina

Hotel Santa Regina
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chihuahua
Hotel Santa Regina
You added Hotel Santa Regina to your Saves list
Calle 3 no. 102, Chihuahua 31000, Mexico   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Chihuahua
Oslo, Norway
“Not good but not completely terrible.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Recently stayed here having arrived from the Copper Canyon. We first went to Hotel Jardin del Centro. The taxi driver ran in before us and spoke to the staff which I can only assume was to claim his commision for bringing us there (that after ripping us off on the price of the ride). The price we were quoted (380 I believe) was way more than stated in the L.P (nothing new there though). I also looked at Hotel 'Hostel' Centrico - not a hostel in anyway I could imagine.

And so we arrived at the Santa Regina. I was first shown 2 different 'economic' rooms which cost 290 (their website stated 270) which were not nice. Horrible destroyed carpet, couldn't feel the a/c (the hotel has a system which we don't control yourself). One had a window opening onto a corridor and the other to a ventilation shaft (the kind pigeons get trapped in and die).

I was then shown a medium level room which was a bit better and a supposedly higher level room which was exactly the same as the last one. I said we'd take the medium (390) and was given the room I'd just been told was a higher level (450). Anyhow, this medium level room was acceptable. Firm bed, cable tv, fairly strong wi fi signal, good temperature. The bathroom was a bit grimmey but clean enough. The shower was awesome, really hot (until the last day when it was luke warm) with great pressure.

We later found out the walls were paper thin. people talking in the corridor and the next room sounded like they were in our room with us! Bring earplugs. We were also above the garage so occasionly heard the loud creaking sound of the door. Bring earplugs. Room 135 by the way.

The staff were mostly completely miserable, unable to manage a hello or good morning as we passed and clearly did not like being asked any questions.

All that said Chihuahua is not really a destination in itself (the Museo de la Revolucion is worth checking out though) and is just somewhere you go before or after the Copper Canyon. That considered I would say that for the price, this hotel is ok for a night or two before moving on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo

Been to Hotel Santa Regina? Share your experiences!