We chose the hotel based initially on its proximity to ThomasLand & Twycross Zoo as we wanted to visit both while we were in the area. It seemed very good value and was. Other reviews on here were positive so we booked. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would especially recommend the bar for drinks, food and great staff. The kids' menu really worked for our son. Our room was as we expected and had some nice touches - demisting mirror in the bathroom, ipod dock for the TV etc. No information in the room on things to do in the area or places of interest etc. Couple of minor grumbles - timings for use of the pool are a bit odd. The hotel markets itself as a family hotel but you can't use the pool with children before 9am or after 6.30pm. If you are out for the day this effectively means you can't use the pool at all. Our three year old loves to swim and we were disappointed that we couldn't use this as much as we would have liked to. We enjoy a pre-breakfast swim. The wifi arrangements (as per other reviews) are outdated and they need to sort this out. You can either get 30mins free or you have to go to reception and get a username and password which is only valid for a day so you have to go and get a new code every day. This is cumbersome and needs streamlining. Just make wifi available to guests for the entire stay and stop faffing like this.
In general hotel staff were friendly and helpful but we thought reception was a bit out of kilter with the rest of the hotel. Not the greatest of welcomes, no information given on wifi (so we had to go back later to get code as its not in the room) on arrival and not able to provide tickets for Twycross as they couldn't find them (unlike the information given on the website). That said we would probably stay again as we enjoyed our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Lea Marston Hotel And Spa
- Lea Marston Hotel
- Lea Marston Hotel Lea Marston
- Best Western Lea Marston
- Lea Marston Hotel & Spa Warwickshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A leading 4 star independent hotel set in 54 acres of North Warwickshire countryside, with easy access to motorway, rail and air links. Boasting 88 stylish bedrooms, including 5 suites, with high speed WiFi internet access and views over the gardens or golf course, two 9 hole golf courses, health club with indoor pool and gymnasium, beauty salon, choice of restaurants and bars, conference rooms, banqueting suites and free parking. Licensed for civil wedding ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Lea Marston Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.