“Not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Limerick
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Such a fantastic experience! I never before realised the extent of the Burren's uniqueness with regards to flora. Tony was a fountain of knowledge and extremely entertaining. I was fascinated by his descriptions of how human beings have influenced the development of the Burren over the years. Tony shared his insights on a wide range of topics and I particularly enjoyed his poetry recitations. Great to meet another Séan Dunne fan! Overall this was an extremely enjoyable experience and I would encourage everybody to partake in this fascinating walk!

• Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“Everybody should do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Last week some colleagues and I took a visitor from the US for a trip to the Burren. Coming from Limerick and having spent over 50 years there I have often heard of the Burren and have only seen it from a distance. But Tony Kirby's guided tour was spellbinding! With a mixture of art, science, poetry, economics, history, geography and botany our charming guide took us on a three hour trek through this wonderful landscape. Whilst we had to climb a little, nothing was too arduous. There were 8 people including a lady who was about to get knee replacements and nobody had any difficulty. I would recommend this particular guide highly. Not only was he highly knowledgeable, he was also very entertaining. He has also written a book on the subject which I am reading at the moment - get your hands on this too! The memory of the trip to the Burren will stay with me for some time and I would happily do it again.

pilotdub
“Great walk, insights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were brought on a great walk through the Burren by Tony. He has fascinating insights on the history, botany and culture of the area. The walk itself was well paced and lasted for almost 3 hours. It is an ideal introduction to this unique part of Ireland. Supporting tourism of this type, which respects the importance of the environment and treats it with respect, is hugely important in developing the Burren as a global must-see tourism destination. Tony's knowledge and enthusiasm is infectious.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“So glad we did it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked in advance while planning our trip to Ireland. Another person who joined the walk later actually cut our costs in half, so thank you Tony! But don't get me wrong: we would have enjoyed the walk just the same at a full price. Discovering how much is out there if you are with some knowledeable makes me actually a bit sad because I realize how many other wonderful things we miss on these highly anticipated trips, just becasue we are not aware of them. Fortunately, this was not the case with Tony and his Burren walk. We loved it from the first to the last minute. The weather couldn't be better, and I am sure it helped the scenery even more but Tony was amazing: his wealth of knowledge of the area is so vast, and he will tell you things you'd never foudn out on your own unless you lived there for some time. Bottom line: it couldn't be better.

County Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
“Thank you once again Tony!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in Corofin for my hen weekend with my sisters & my friends. Having done a walk last year in the Burren National Park with Tony & thoroughly enjoying it I had booked him to take our group for a walk on Saturday. Unfortunately due to a biodiversity event in the National Park that day, Tony was obliged to change our planned walk & proposed an alternative walk which included some of the limestone pavement & a visit to an ancient monastic site & a holy well. Despite the (sometimes heavy) rain for the entire walk we very much enjoyed the experience due, in no small part, to Tony himself. His knowledge of the area & its history combined with his enthusiasm for the subject, his wit & his beautiful poetry recitations had us captivated & hanging on his every word. He is quite simply the perfect guide & anybody planning a visit to the area should absolutely not miss the opportunity to do a walk with Tony. Oh and buy his beautifully written book as well.