“Thank you Tony - will definitely come back for the full walk” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Kilfenora
County Kildare, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
“Thank you Tony - will definitely come back for the full walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My fiance and I did a shorter version of Tony's usual walk with him a couple of days ago. We were the only walkers so we had Tony all to ourselves which was really great. His knowledge of the area and obvious enthusiasm was inspiring. He pointed out the interesting varied flora, gave us the names of each and the stories behind those names. He also gave us the names in the Irish language. He is refreshingly honest and was more than willing to answer my many questions. We were highly entertained throughout the walk and will defintely go walking with Tony again for a longer walk. Thank you so much Tony - ashamed to be a Clare woman who knew so little about such an important part of my home county. Feel much more knowledgeable now! Clare & Bruce

Visited July 2012

“Tony KIrby Burren tour walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had an amazing guided tour of the Burren with Tony KIrby. His knowledge, manner and interpersonal skills made our tour a memorable occasion. We definately appreciate the uniqueness of the Burren. Thanks to Tony.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“A "Must Do" ......Heart of Burren Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The walk in the Burren with Tony Kirby is outstanding. His knowledge of the Burren and his poetry is exceptional! It's quite evident that this man loves what he does for a living! I particularly loved Temple Cronan and the holy well. Thank you Tony for a very special day!!
I hope one day to return!

Visited May 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Highlight in our tour of Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you like guided walks in a majestic environment, you must go visiting The Burren National Park Guided by Tony.
You'll learn and discover about this unique park, internationally renowned both for it's biological and geological exceptional features, guided by one of it's most passionate specialist.
I wish we had more time to enjoy it.

Visited June 2012
Corona del Mar, California
“Take a walk with Tony in the Burren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My teenage son and I shared a very overcast and wet Sunday with Tony in the Burren. His knowledge and experience made the visit very enjoyable. We received an education on the historical and current use of the area as well as the geology, flora and fauna. At many stops along the way he shared an appropriate Irish poem. I only wished that the walk was longer. If you come to the Burren you must take a walk with Tony.