“Big budget, big concept, but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pundaquit
Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel
You added Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel to your Saves list
Zambales, Pundaquit, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pundaquit
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Big budget, big concept, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I thought this resort hotel had promise. Entering the premises, the reception area was impressive. Balinese decor carefully selected, the interior design was perfect. But the room fell way below my expectation, having been impressed enough at the reception area. The bathroom floor was wet, the plumbing had to be re-worked. The garden in front was not well tended. The swimming pool had a hodge podge of deck chairs completely not in synch with the Balinese motif. The huge spa did not have guests, and had only one attendant. Including ourselves, there were probably only 20 guests in this property that covered several hectares, had maybe 100+ rooms and cottages. There was nothing to do at night, no bar. No nothing. Unrealized potential. Unfortunately, there was no better accommodation in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

if you like dogs and cats roaming about doing their toilet wherever they like and poor lighting at night so you cant see where youre going properly and poorly cleaned rooms with cockroaches and cobwebs and no bedside tables and staff seeking tips then this is the place for you - personally we stayed 1 night and thaat was enough.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I was quite excited spending our 2nd year anniversary in this resort. But when we got there, i was kinda disappointed with the amenities that they had to offer.

There are only 2 pools, 1 kiddie pool, 1 adult pool. Both pools were small, and the water is dirty. They should clean the waters early in the morning so that the guests can enjoy it by 6am.

The beachfront is not so nice. The beach itself is not swimmable. Why? Because i just saw 3 dogs taking a swim there! eww. Also, zambales beaches are more for water sports than for leisure swimming. A nice thing though, is that you can rent motor boats to go to near by islands such as potipot, capones, aniwangin cove.

We stayed at the garden room. I must say that the room is small, but its nice. Its near the beach and it faces a nice garden wherein you u can enjoy your meals. One comment though. The bathroom is so small, the shower pressure is slow.

About the food. Luckily, i ordered the yummy ones. We ordered enchillada for starters, seafood pesto pasta, and my bf ordered a hamburger. The food tastes great, although the hamburger is just average.

I also hate the fact that the other guests are so noisy. We had to stay in the room because some of them were using the videoke. So much for a romantic getaway huh? I can say that this hotel is recommended for those people who want to use it as a hotel for those planning to go island hoping. But for romantic getaways, ppl looking for leisure and serenity, this is not the place.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
paranaque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Let me just say that the reasoned I registered in this website is just so I could write a review about this joke of a resort. I have always been happy with the hotels and resorts I've stayed in. Even if the beach wasn't so nice or clean, I still enjoyed myself. I have never hated a place as much as I hate Punta de Uian. Let me enumerate:

1. Food: The food comes to you after 45 minutes to an hour. I would've understood had they told us it would take long, or if I ordered something so complicated. But I simply asked for a burger. My friends asked for porkchop, sinigang, and shrimp. I had to remind them of our food before they arrived. When it came, it was ice cold. The mango crepes also took so long with the ice cream melted. I don't understand how there could be so many staff, but the food would take so long and not taste so good. Maybe it's because they're all slow mentally. (Example: written on the menu was "all hamburgers come with fries and quartered potatoes". I asked for quartered potatoes and the guy said it doesn't come with the burger. So I had to tell him, "So why do they say that in your menu?" And he says, "Oh, oo nga pala. Sorry." Seriously...)

Let's not forget about hygeine. There was a cat in the restaurant which was licking the unused plates. We were just watching the cat the whole time, waiting for any of the staff to remove the animal. They did no such thing until the cat was sitting beside us and we asked one of them to take the cat away.

2. Customer service: We got there at 12 noon. We understood that the check-in time was 2 PM so we thought we would have lunch at their) restaurant first. We were done by 4 PM because ALL of our food took so long. When we got there, the people at the front desk informed us that one of our rooms weren't ready. At 4 PM. Who wouldn't be upset with that? Their excuse was that there was traffic and rain. Traffic? I didn't see anyTHING driving around the roads to the villas (apparently all the staff travel by wheels). Rain? It was drizzling! I'd probably understand if everything was flooded and no one could come clean our room. Another thing is that if they were able to clean one of the rooms we reserved, why couldn't the clean the other one next? They ran out of cleanser and just forgot about the other room?!

So when they finally "cleaned" our room, I discovered that they didn't even touch the bathroom. The floor was flooded with water from gawd knows where, there was no tissue paper, there were no towels, and the toilet seat was very wet--as if someone peed and didn't know how to aim. So I walked back to the front desk and asked for someone to clean the bathroom and give us our towels and tissue paper. The housekeeping came an hour later AFTER I started making a scene at the front desk. I am not one to make a scene, but after everything these people put us through, I just had enough. One of the girls actually had the audacity to raise her voice at me, saying that they are trying their best.

Obviously, their best is not good enough.

3. Bathroom: There was no hot and cold shower, which I could forgive because I was already warned and given a discount for that. But what I cannot tolerate was the mysterious leak which flooded our bathroom floor. The bathroom was very cramped and dark. There were no floor towels so as soon as you step out of the bathroom, your hotel room floor is just as wet.

4. Room: It was spacey, I must admit. But the walls were thin you could hear your next door neighbor whisper. Security was doubtful as the lock from inside consisted of this flimsy wood and from outside, a padlock. If they were trying to be creative, it was a total failure because anyone can just destroy that padlock while we're away.

5. Activities: The place was a total bore. They had a spa, but was closed. Their bar closed at 10 PM, and their convenience store (which only sold 2 bottles of the bar and 25 cans of beer) closed at 5 PM. Their karaoke was reserved for company outings.

I have never had so much awful things to say about a place. Do not be fooled by the pictures. Yes, it looks like a nice place. Yes, Marimar was filmed there. But like a perfect wife-to-be, fame and good looks just don't cut it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

If you're not on a budget and wanted good food and GREAT service while travelling, then Punta De Uian is the place to go to in Zambales!!!

More pix and review of our travel here:

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We were a party of nine ( 4 females and 3 males) and arrived tired from intense Chiropractic work in Isabela province and found the swim in the sea and snack food and cocktails by the pool a real pleasure. We took the big family bungalow which was clean, pleasant, and well airconditioned. The Filipino meals were good especially the mango crepe. The staff were attentive and welcoming.
The negatives were that the staff had no idea what was happening at the bar. So an order of Mango Daiquiri was taken and then the staff would return with a "no more mango". Then an order of Maitais was taken only to be followed later by " no Maitais". There was even a cocktail called something like 'exploding orgasm' and the previous party must have had all those. We did suggest that they pour whatever alcohol they had left into 9 glasses with ice but this was not understood. However, we did get drinks in the end and they were terrific.
Another negative was that we deposited our laundry in 9 separate bags with the assurance that it would all be separate but when we got them back I looked in my bag only to find lots of skimpy female undies and no underpants. I had to go fishing in all the others bags looking for my big Y- fronts ( the ones you hoist up past your navel). After all that it was back in the pool to see what other drinks we couldn't get.
All in all it we had a great time and are happy to go back if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed January 2010
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I think they renovated this resort already. My review is practically a year late. My stay was so average that I forgot to write a review. We didn't really spend much time in the resort because we took a day trip to Anawangin. We just checked in here really just to spend the night.

The area we stayed in is the old house structure. I'm guessing they have new structures now. So it felt like going upstairs an old house and staying in an old room. The room was clean, though.

My complaint is the weird bath tub/shower area. The tub was installed a bit higher than normal and enclosed with sliding doors that provide like 1.5 feet-wide opening. It was pretty hard getting on the tub, especially for young kids. I, myself, had to practically leap to get inside the shower area. I hope they improved their shower areas after the renovation. I wouldn't recommend it to young children, senior citizens and the disabled.

The food was okay. They prepared a packed lunch for us when we visited the other islands. The generously served breakfast was pretty good, though. The service was good but not exceptional.

The next morning, we were able to use the pool. The kiddie pool wasn't very clean when we were there, though. But I liked that the guests can eat around the pool area. I was able to eat my breakfast while watching my kids swim. They even have a bar near the pool.

All in all, our stay was average. Nothing much to complain about but nothing that really impressed me either. I'll stay here again if I want to visit Anawangin and go island hopping again. =)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!