My friends and i live in Sydney and travel to the Hunter about twice a year because we LOVE the place. We are a bit snobby when it comes to the accommodation and we usually go for the boutique Guest Houses or potentially up themselves hotels.. So when we were going to a Chris Isaak concert (which was just fantastic) we left it till the very very last minute to sort out our beds for the weekend. Silly i admit.. So the Crowne Plaza it was, no options. Take it or leave it!
So now to back up my title line! I was completely blown over by the place. I expected the usual dull chain hotel style horrortel but was really really happy to be proved wrong. We all loved the place. Don't get me wrong, it's still a chain& can't escape that, but it was well laid out, clean, fantastically comfortable beds, huge rooms. As there were 4 of us it didn't work out to be too expensive..
All in all i think it's not a bad option... Having said that though i think we will stick to our little boutique B&B's.. We go down there for the boutique wines so i'd hate to upset the applecart!! :-)
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the free on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley’s premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.