“Awesome to stay in the Villa's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

You added Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Wine Country Dr, Lovedale, Cessnock, New South Wales 2321, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lovedale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hoi An
“Awesome to stay in the Villa's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had stayed at the plaza before but this time booked the villa and definitely felt the villa was far more comfortable, a home away from home. Very spacious and modern and with the kitchen facilities, easier for the family during mealtimes over the Easter weekend.

The resort is situated close to all facilities in the hunter and we had no trouble really enjoying the pool, tennis and basketball courts & surrounds including a round of golf for our boys.
I would definitely recommend it for families

Room Tip: Number one villa may be a bit close to the first tee off, if you want to sit outside, ask for anothe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi KerreBurley

Thanks so much for your great review on your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that your stay was like a home away from home and you found the villa spacious and modern.

Once again, thanks again for the comments and we hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Robert Coates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

we went as a couple for two nights in a studio room such comfy beds, with breakfast, was so lovely i got a massage in the tea tree spa ( highly recommend) and my partner went to the gym next door. food is great drinks are good and great grounds, huge pool awesome place to stay! its not cheap it is a luxury place, so bring cash and have an awesome splurge away. the staff are outstanding such lovely people, our waitress in the morning kristy was so nice!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi han19894

Thanks very much for your recent review.

Your kind comments have been passed on to our lovely Tea Tree Spa team as well as Kristy.

I was especially peased to read that you also enjoyed our gym, food, options and the surroundings.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to review and I hope to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

A group of 4 of us came up on water Monday for 3 nights. My girlfriend and I had been on three occasions before this and really enjoy the stay. We were even upgraded last timeto a villa. This time we stayed in a 2 bed room villa that was nice. Since it was easter there were lots of children and families staying in the hotel so I do not recommend this place for young couples or groups during school holidays. The pool is full of screaming kids every day and there is no room in the spa. The love Dale bar had nice locally brewed beers on tap but the bar staff need a little more training. schooners are 7 dollars which is steep. Asian the place was full of kids until 8pm. Red salt is always a great breakfast selection I do have some feedback for the hotel however: if you are getting busy and you need to get people out quickly tell your staff to be a little more subtle, or table was constantly pestered and asked if we are finished. Once the wait staff even removed a plate my girlfriend was still eating off. Makes dining VERY uncomfortable. Food and coffee was good. Just work on the service. As for dinner in the restaurant. The menu last year was very different, much more exciting and complex. Seems to have devolved into a glorified pub menu. We ordered rib eye steaks and lamb racks. The steaks were tough the lamb was nice. The potato sides were not up to the quality of our local pub which is a bit disappointing when paying 45 for steak and potatoes and another 7 for each side. Exercise caution when ordering a steak as they cook to temperature rather than feel which means a medium rare is more like a rare and so on. This is not well explained by the wait staff so we ended up with steaks that I considered undercooked. The staff are all very happy to help and in good spirits generally. I must give compliments to the concierge for attending our needs during the stay. Overall I was disappointed and hope the crown improves in some areas.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hi BrockL

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I must firstly apologise for the way in which you breakfast table was served. It is not practice at all that we make our guests feel uncomfortable at any time and this point as well as other points regarding Lovedale and your dining experience has been briefed direct to our Food and Beverage Director.

We do cater for families with children as well as couples and I assume you may have stayed over the school holiday period which is always family friendly.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be happy and helpful and I will ensure that I pass your kinds words on to our Concierge team.

Once again, thanks for your review as comments such as yours help us improve for your next visit.

Kindest regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley over the Easter Long Weekend, sadly our experience was anything but pleasing due to the staff and management of the Crowne Plaza, who severely lack in customer service, especially there manage who worked on Easter Sunday the 20th of April named Patrick. Naively on Sunday I called reception to place a formal complaint about our room not being cleaned, to be spoken to by Patrick the floor manager of the evening, that I was 'obviously after compensation and what did I want him to give' (they were his literal words) to my shock, horror and complete disgust I was actually lost for words. All it would have taken Patrick to rectify the situation was to apologies and say he would send cleaners now, anything as simple as that and I wouldn't be on this site writing a review.

Just to explain I only wanted to place a formal complaint after we had called reception at 5pm, after getting back to our room, to question why our room haven't been cleaned, to be informed by Patrick the manager, that cleaning stuff were doing there rounds now. Which we found odd as it was 5pm in the afternoon, never the less we accepted that answer and continued with our afternoon activities. About an hour and half later, when we got back to our room and realised our room still hadn't been cleaned, needing to have a shower and get ready for the evening, we called called reception again and asked for clean towels. At this stage was when we phoned to speak to the manager and place a formal complaint.

I told Patrick 'The Manager' that it was actually my mistake for phoning and I should have released that due to the lack of service the manager would be no better, and that I would take it further to Crowne plaza head office directly, which I did.

What saddens me the most is that the hotel has some beautiful grounds, but unfortunately for them they lack in customer service which in turn leads to these types of review.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Jessica S

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Receiving feedback like yours does certainly not reflect on our usual high standards of customer service and I apologise that that we have not lived up to your expectations in regards to our cleaning procedures. Please be advised that all of our hotel rooms and villas are serviced daily. Also, all guests are presented with a final invoice prior to be charged to verify all folio details prior to check out. I will ensure that this procedure is reinforced by all staff

All of your comments will be discussed with the team members involved.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

- Room was never cleaned over the whole stay, we ran out of towels which were never replaced
"last I checked this is supposed to be a serviced apartment?"
- counter staff were not helpful and did not assist or help in anyway
- Patrick the manager who worked on Easter Sunday night was very rude and did not care that our room was never serviced for the whole stay
- Patrick the rude manager would still not send staff to service our room instead and I quote said to me "your obviously just after some compensation". How dare a paying customer be treated in this way. This is not a cheap hotel, I expect my room to be serviced daily, wouldn't you?
- when checking out the staff would not show us the bill, but because I was persistent to get a copy of the bill I noticed the hotel tried to rip me off and charge me for things i did not order.
(Make sure if u stay ask to see the copy of the bill don't accept the total price.)
- overall WORST experience ever, will never stay again
- dirty rooms and dirty service

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for your review Lovetotravelaround1 as we really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

It is our practice that all of our hotel rooms and villas are serviced daily. We also ensure that our valued guests are presented with the final invoice upon checkout to verify all charges. I will personnaly ensure that this is reinforced by our team. Receiving feedback like yours does certainly not reflect on our usual high standards of customer service and I apologise that that we have not lived up to your expectations in regards to our cleaning procedures.

All of your comments will be discussed with the team members involved and I do hope that you return for another visit to see how great we can be.

Once again, thanks for your comments.

KInd regards
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed 1 night in a Balcony hotel room which was very clean and nice. The staff seem friendly on check in and we had to go back twice to get our cards recut for our rooms. It was really busy so if u are looking for a couples get away avoid school holidays this is why we only stayed one night. We had breakfast package and when we went to breakfast we were told we.did in fact not have breakfast included and it would be $40 each person if we wanted breakfast. We were made feel quite uncomfortable about this so I checked my email reservation on my phone and confirmed that I did have breakfast included. This made no difference and I was told I had to sign and sort it out with reception later. There was no offer of assistance. The breakfast as always is great with an awesome selection we didnt enjoy it as much as we should have this time because of the way we were made feel and put us in a concerned mood.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Katrina T

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Firstly I must apologise for the error on our part with the charging of breakfasts and I am happy to hear that it was all sorted out for you and your comments have been raised with the food and beverage team. Unfortunately school holidays are an extremely busy time for the resort as we also cater for families with children and we do hope that this will not turn you off a return visit with us.

Once again, thanks for your review.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night stay here in a King Spa Suite. It was a large room with separate lounge area and dining table. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed the spa bath. Our room also had a Nespresso coffee machine which was a special touch. We dined at Redsalt for breakfast and enjoyed the many options on offer. We had dinner there twice and enjoyed the meals though the potato sides were not the best I have ever had. We also dined at the Lovedale cafe one night for pizza which was quite good. Another night we had room service.
The facilities at this resort were plentiful and we tried a round of golf, table tennis and chess. The resort is set in beautiful surrounds allowing us to have a very relaxing stay. The location is also superb as it is located very close to shops, restaurants and great wineries. We loved our stay and will return one day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks lorel for taking the time to write your review. I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing getaway in the Hunter Valley and that your stay was made special with the facilities that we have to offer.

Your feedback regarding the Nespresso coffee machine is appreciated as this is something that is fairly new and we appreciate the positive feedback.

Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards
Robert Coates

Been to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!