Our family of 4 (2 kids aged 4 and 6) enjoyed a 3 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa late December 2013. There were a number of positives and very few negatives. We were advised by friends to ask for a villa near the pool which was good advice as some villas are quite a distance away.
The service was outstanding. It was obvious the staff had been trained in customer service. The vast majority of staff were very obliging, helpful and delivered service with a smile which was quite refreshing.
The 2 bedroom villa was new, clean, modern and well equipped. There is a small kitchenette with most utensils needed to self cater. Beds were very comfortable. 2 bathrooms, one with bath and shower and the other with shower only. Accommodation was excellent.
The swimming pool is practical and functional for all ages. There is a section for toddlers with water up to their knees as well. The resort makes available pool noodles and pool towels for guests. Seating around the pool can be limited during busy times so get there early to get a seat.
The food at Redsalt restaurant was excellent. The breakfast buffet had everything we expected and food was delicious and fresh. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner at Redsalt. We had the fillet steak and the spatchcock chicken and some deserts. All were very good.
Food at the Grapevine, which caters for the pool area during the day was a little less exciting. Food was ok and drinks on the expensive side.
We sent our kids to the kids club on one day and were left a little disappointed. The facilities were good however we felt the care was not fantastic. We felt that it was an inconvenience for the carers that our kids were there. Or children did not want to go back a second time. We passed on this feedback to the hotel so hopefully this will improve.
There are many activities such as touch footy, table tennis and volleyball organised daily by the leisure centre which is located on the ground floor near the pool. There are a number of things to do both inside and outside the resort.
Overall, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and will definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the free on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley’s premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.