The hotel is modern, well maintained and has that ‘wow factor’, especially if you are not after that family run/boutique/small property hunter escape.
The hotel service is excellent, rooms clean and a great range of facilities (pool, golf, etc). The rooms all have either a balcony or small terrace with sun-chairs. There are also ‘villas’ that are scattered around the massive property and golf course.
I would have to say the only down sides are the lack of water pressure from the shower and the ‘Red Salt’ restaurant – having had dinner one evening on a 2 night stay – overall the food is quite pleasant, service great – however pricing is a little steep for the experience you receive and there is an air of sterility and lack of ambiance you wouldn’t expect for a restaurant in the hunter region.
I would recommend driving the 2km’s to have dinner at Petersons Champaign House (only had breakfast here one morning, but absolutely amazing) – also has wonderful cellar door sales – excellent value for money, impeccable service and exquisite food!
A unique concept is that the hotel offers a BBQ – basically you book a package (of meats, salads, etc) and let the concierge know when and where you want a BBQ set up (anywhere on the property or outside your room) it is delivered with a hamper of food to cook up a storm..
Overall, the stay at the hotel was above average and my partner and I were made to feel very welcome, will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale