“understated class” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Australian, Asian fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Leaves & Fishes Lovedale Restaurant offers fresh, smart and simple dining to its guests within its inviting boathouse atmosphere perched over the water with views of the Brokenback ranges. A range of Asian-fusion and Australian meals are complimented by a Hunter-focused wine list to reward guests with a great Hunter dining experience. With more than 10 years experience, Leaves & Fishes Lovedale Restaurant is a favourite with locals and tourists alike - a must-see!
Maitland, Australia
“understated class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have enjoyed taking family and dear, long time friends to enjoy lunch at Leaves & Fishes.
None have left disappointed with their dining experience and have all expressed similar sentiments, vis, how lucky are we to have venues like this on our " door step ".

Visited October 2012
LeavesandFishes, Guest Relations Manager at Leaves & Fishes Lovedale Restaurant, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We value our local customers and their continuing support. We are pleased to hear you have consistently enjoyed your visit to Leaves & Fishes Lovedale. We'll continue to work hard to improve each experience and look forward to your next visit in the new year.

Sydney, Australia
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spectacular. We (two couples) spent the weekend in the Hunter and ate Sunday lunch at Leaves & Fishes. The ambience and decor are wonderful. The food was simply stunning. The prices are akin to Sydney CBD pricing, but are commensurate with the quality of what the kitchen turns out - both in inventiveness and making it work. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We're happy to hear of another wonderful Sunday lunch had at Leaves & Fishes Lovedale. Thank-you for your kind review of our new menu - we've worked hard to improve our offering into the new year. We look forward to your return in the new year to sample more of our changing menu into the cooler months.
sydney
“outstanding lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I live in the lower Hunter region and have eaten well at four or five of the good restaurants in the vineyards area. But I've never been motivated to review any till now. For me this is easily number one. Lovely venue - comfortable attractive Bali-style open room with bamboo blinds, water features all around - but it was the food that starred most. Barramundi pie, crispy skin duck with ginger orange sauce, to mention two stunning mains. The warm apple pie was the best I've ever had - just-soft caramelised apple pieces in the lightest puff pastry with divine sauce and top quality vanilla icecream. Even the chips were exceptional. Worth every penny. Ours was a long Sunday lunch and we received great service on a busy day. Can't wait to return. My top recommendation for this region.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We value all reviews we receive so thank-you for first review. We're thrilled to be your top recommendation for the region. We continue to provide a relaxed alternative to dining in Hunter Wine Country. The pie, duck and apple torte are highly recommended by our staff and represent the best of our new menu. We hope that we can continue to provide an enjoyable Sunday lunch experience into the new year.
Cessnock, Australia
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been to Leaves and Fishes a few times and I have loved it every single time. Do yourself a favour and order the real fish and chips, just makes sure you're prepared to unbutton your pants when you're done as the meal is HUGE! The desserts here are amazing as well and never disappoint. I love the local wine list and I think it's great that they promote the other local wineries (I'm a local myself and can't get enough of our HV wine!). The staff are also super friendly and always happy for a chat which really gives the place a warm and friendly vibe. Keep up the great work Leaves and Fishes!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Our fish and chips continues to be very popular with our Sunday casual diners who are looking for real relief from a weekend in the Hunter Wine Country. We pride ourselves on delivering the best of Hunter-produced wine at a fair price to lur Wine Country visitors. The next vintage is lnly weeks away so we hope you will join us again soon at LCXF for a new selection of premium Hunter wine.
Newcastle
“A little Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

After hearing such great things about Leaves and Fishes I thought best it time to try it out. A catch up lunch with friends mid week which turned in to a very LONG lunch. The staff were friendly and attentive but it took forever for our meals to come out. I could understand if the Restaurant was full but this was not the case. Finally after a long weight we thought best if we ask a waitress if our meals were going to be long. Another ten minutes we waited and finally they arrived 1 hour after ordering, I was not impressed at all.
The food was well presented and the duck dish that I ordered was very tasty. Everyone else on the table enjoyed their meals despite the fact that we all thought it was a little over priced for what we received.
I really think this Restaurant has great potential, they just need to get there time management sorted out in the kitchen.
I will go back as I think everyone deserves a second change. Fingers crossed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Our restaurant was staffed lower during this time which led to a delay in meals. I'm pleased to confirm this issue has been resolved. Thankfully, you and your guests enjoyed their meals when they did arrive. I do hope you will offer us a second chance and enjoy your next experience at Leaves & Fishes Lovedale.