TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Creel
More attraction details
Owner description: The 3 Amigos have offices on the main street in downtown Creel, Chihuahua. We offer bike and scooter rentals and we'll soon be adding in ATV rentals. We also offer bilingual guides, tours and transfers in the Copper Canyon area. Amigo Trails is the only tour operator with offices inside the canyons in Creel and an affiliate company that creates our complete vacation packages through the Copper Canyon. We are pleased to offer free maps and information to all and to give you free advice if you are coming to the canyons without a package trip already set up. Our offices are open from 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday. We are closed Sunday's (expect by prior appt.) and on some holiday's (except by prior appt.)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Boise, Idaho
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The folks at 3 Amigos in Creel were simply great. We walked in unannounced and booked one of the Copper Canyon tours for four people on the next morning. It was fantastic! Martin was a great tour guide and a very personable guy to spend the day with. He was also a fantastic driver of the recent model Chev Suburban used for the tour. By comparison, the next day we booked a different tour from a low cost competitor and were very dissappointed. Basically, the other tour was unsafe due to the driver's reckless speed on worn out tires and he showed no interest in us as his customers. We've been to the Copper Canyon twice and will definitely go back to 3 Amigos for the next trip.

Visited October 2012

Mexico Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Comprehensive travel for the tours we selected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yolanda was extremely helpful in scheduling our two tours and assisted us in customizing our tours to our needs. Samuel and Pedro were our English speaking guides. Both were personable and patiently answered the many questions we asked. We felt very safe with both of them and their driving skills were extraordinary are the mountain roads. Samuel prepared a wonderful picnic lunch for us served on linen tablecloths. He brought a variety of foods and plenty of it. It was a very enjoyable lunch. I would highly recommend either of these guides for tours.

Cambridge, MA
19 attraction reviews
“Nice people, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I normally travel around by myself and almost never take tours. However, I had little time in Creel because I had taken a (wonderful!) trip to Batopilas and needed to be on my way to visit Chuhuahua (highly worthwhile!) and get my flight home.

With only a morning to spare before the train, it was impossible to see all the local things of interest myself because of the distances to be covered, so I booked a trip with Tres Amigos.

Everything was done to top standards. They supplied a newish vehicle in great condition, and my driver/guide, Enrique, a local Tarhamunana native, was a terrific person and really helpful. He even carried my things and helped me put my feet in the right place when climbing over rocks. He also had a good sense of timing so I managed to visit a large number of places while not feeling rushed.

While the trip itself was excellent, I should mention also that before I booked everything I had contact with all 3 Amigos and they were very willing to give all sorts of advice and be helpful.
Highly recommended!

Alamos
“Super Professional and fun people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We run a small group bird watching tour company that specializes in trips to Mexico. recently we ran a tour to the Copper Canyon and utilized Tres Amigos as a sub contractor to help us with some hotel reservations and special meals. Everthing was perfect. From the gourmet Picnic on the rim of Oterros Canyon to the hotel reservations at Cusarare everything was like clockwork! I highly recomend Tres Amigos to help you organize a trip to the Copper Canyon that you will never forget. No one else even comes close!

Boston
“Highly recommend Amigo Trails (3 Amigos) as your Copper Canyon Travel Partner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you have dreamed of exploring the Copper Canyon in Mexico I highly recommend you work with Three Amigos/Amigo Trails -- Yolanda and Ivan -- to plan your tour. They are just spectacular! They are knowledgeable, capable, professional, flexible and are absolutely lovely people. They offer all kinds of tour options and will customize any trip for you. (My family wanted a custom trip going from El Fuerte to Batopilas and back rather than just going in one direction from El Fuerte to Chihuahua. )

After reading lots of online reviews of tour companies that arrange trips to the Copper Canyon, I saw that Amigo Trails really stood out. And now I know why! We were beautifully taken care of from the moment I contacted Yolanda for the first time, all the way through the planning and booking of our tour. We even met with Yolanda and Ivan in person – one of my family members happens to live not far from them -- and looked at maps and books together in preparation for the trip. They supplied tons of useful information and the kinds of recommendations – for example, specific dishes served at specific restaurants -- which only people who’ve lived in Copper Canyon for a long time can provide.

The trip was just wonderful. Copper Canyon is gorgeous and with Yolanda’s help we stayed in interesting and beautiful places, had wonderful days and restful nights.

One of the highlights of the tour was Batopilas, a silver mining town at the bottom of the canyon. It’s an effort to get to, but worth it in every way. A lovely town, a mix of ruins and finery, beauty and muck, a spectacular hotel, laughing school children and cows in the street, men cracking rocks in the riverbed to use for making the immense stone walls that frame even the poorest homes. Truly fascinating.

We were incredibly lucky that Ivan decided to accompany us for the three-day trip to Batopilas. Ivan is an amazing story- teller, history buff, people-person, reader, hiker and he possesses true traveler's soul. He belongs to this region. He knows people up and down the canyon, and shared fascinating stories about many of the people we met. People we would have greeted and passed by and never thought about again are now characters in our imaginations with rich, adventurous, spectacular lives worthy of our attention and respect. This is the magic of traveling with Ivan; he opened up worlds for us and we are richer for having heard his stories.

By the way, we didn’t find it in the least bit dangerous. Because of the recent bad press for Mexico lately, there are no crowds and our presence was so appreciated. I can’t thank or recommend Yolanda and Ivan and their company Amigo Trails enough for our Copper Canyon adventure.

Visited February 2012