“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

+52 329 298 2238
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, International
Description: Eva's Brickhouse is unique amongst restaurants our philosophy is to offer a dining experience rather than a meal, with this in mind we limit our seating to 5 tables per night. Our limited seating allows us to prepare everything fresh, we roll out the dough and prepare our Shrimp or Lobster Ravioli's an hour before opening, all of our sauces are created as ordered. Our Seafood is the freshest possible anywhere as we purchase daily from the Fresh Fish Market which is 15 seconds from our waterfront entrance, any fish left over goes home at night with the employees to feed their families. Eva's uses the highest quality of meats available, Premium Aged Rib-eye cut individually from the loin, New Zealand Rack of Lamb along with the best Baby Back Ribs which we smoked for 8 hours in our pit with Mesquite wood. Desserts as well are prepared on a daily basis. We are renowned for the quality and freshness of our food, for our view and ambience which is second to none, for making our guest feel as if they are family but we are famous for serving life long memories to go.
Denver, Colorado
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Breathtaking veiw, freshest seafood I've ever had the pleasure of tasting, and awesome conversation. My girlfriend and I were greeted by the host, Max, the owners very friendly pup! I was fascinated as to how Kent told us how everything was made and how he made it all! I love home cooked meals away from home! It was such an experience to meet someone we can call a friend. We are very excited to go back and visit! Cheers!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hello Krista from Denver,
Here's one which caused me to take a step back,
I had some clients in from Lakewood and I was telling them about you and Sara. When I told them your name and what you did for living one of the ladies said you are her Hair Stylist at the Retro Room. Her name is Sue G. what are the odds on that?
At Eva's Brickhouse even the unusual is common place.
I had a great time with the two of you and even told Sue I waiting for your return so I can have my haircut by the best Denver has to offer.
Take care, thanks for the review and don't forget your sissors next time you fly down.
Kent, Max and Big Mamma

Traverse City, Michigan
“Real treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We wandered into Eva's on a night they were closed. My son was disappointed because he had heard about the ribs. A man out front asked if we wanted dinner. We said yes and he said "walk in like you own the place". Kent (owner) became our host, waiter, and chef for the rest of the evening. We had a fabulous meal with a delightful owner. The food was delicious, drinks generous and Kent was very entertaining giving us a feeling as if we were in his own home. As the evening ended, he took our pictures and sent them to us later that evening. I got the feeling Kent is selective as to who he chooses to dine with him. If you get the opportunity, I high recommend it!

Visited April 2014
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hello to Traverse City,
I thought I wrote a response a few days ago when I posted the families pictures on this site, likely I forgot to press send.
Thanks for the review and making my evening all that much more enjoyable.
Great Family You must be proud and the pictures came out pretty good.
See when the next sailing classes come about,
Kent
Thanks for the nice review!
Odessa, TX
“Great restaurant and wonderful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate at Eva's Brickhouse 3 times while we were in Mexico. It is great to go there during the Sunday market. You have a great view watching all the activity right in front of you. The owner, Kent, is very interesting and adds to you enjoyment. All 3 times I had the fresh tuna and I highly recommend it. Others in our group had the ribs and said they were excellent. This is a don't miss-especially during the market on Sundays. By the way, don't park way out and walk in. There is valet parking right at the back door of Eva's Brickhouse.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Kathy and all readers of reviews in Trip Advisor Land,
I was stumped on who wrote this review up until the Tuna on Sunday then there was no question it was you.
Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family in Texas. I think I met most of them Children, Grandkids, Sisters and even some of their friends.
The season is all but over, now last week was the last for the Sunday Fair until the first week in November and soon many of the restaurants will close for about 6 months.
I am happy to tell you the plans for the restaurant I told you about are all right on schedule, the patio is looking great the new entrance way should be finished in three or four days. Next week I will install the removable glass panes separating the patio from the interior and the next week (just in time) I will install the air conditioning units on the patio. Then we will be the coolest restaurant in the North Bay in more ways than one ha!
I also have ordered the first 30 of 70 oil paintings for the Art Gallery we are opening in July in the interior of the restaurant.
Last the cooking classes I am going to start next week, I bought the camera but still need to figure out how to edit the film. I am certain there must directions on how to do it on Nikon’s customer service site. I am not going to charge for the classes as I am sure I will have fun just making them. I think the first class will be on my Frangelico and Amaretto Cheesecake since that’s the most requested.
If you want to sign up go to my Facebook page Evas Brickhouse and there is a place to register, if any of your family or friends are interested they can register as well, anyone can. I just want to make sure I have enough people interested that it is worth my time and effort. Trip Advisor followers are welcome to register as well.
Thanks so much for bringing a group with you for the Sunday fun and for writing the review. I will look forward to hearing from you and showing you the new look when you return next year for the best mesquite grilled yellow fin tuna anywhere!
Almost forgot I planted another 40 rose bushes so your house should have roses all season long.
Battle Ground, Washington
“A highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our group of 4 stopped by around 11:00 at night. I'm pretty sure they were closed, but the back door was opened, and the music was playing, so we popped on in. Kent, the owner, was hanging out at the bar, surfing the web. He was the only one around. We asked him if they were opened, and he paused for just a second before a huge smile spread across his face and he very warmly and welcomingly said "sure, come on in!". It was about that time we realized that he was going to fire up the stoves just for us! He never let on that we were there after hours. He is the friendliest of guys, and went out of his way to make us feel at home (which, it turns out, we were in HIS home, as he lives in an adjacent area off of the restaurant. He just happened to be hanging out IN HIS HOME when we stopped by! The food he whipped up was AMAZING. My wife had the raviolis (I'm sure they were homemade, and definitely incredible!). The rest of us had the ribs. Best. Ribs. Ever. In some kind of a pineapple sauce. He even offered finger bowls with warm lemon water for the sticky rib fingers. The whole experience was incredible, and Kent was a gracious host. You can't leave La Cruz without first stopping by Eva's Brickhouse!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Ian and to all the followers and travelers out there in Trip Advisor Land,
It was a no brainer for me, you see the time of day or night means nothing to me. I am in my home which seconds as one of the best places anywhere to dine.
What matters is the spirit of the one who ask the question, are you open? You see Ian I instantly liked all four of you, had I detected negativity in any of you it would have been a different story, more like I'm sorry we are closed. Works just fine for me and to most my doors are open. You see I figure since this is my home I can do whatever I want and if there are those who do not like it, it doesn't matter at all because they will never be allowed in my home anyway! Kind of a different approach than most restaurants and I imagine not to many others will copy me.
Lets see you are here to apply for the job so let me tell you what your duties are, you sit over there and watch the door when potential customers walk through you look at them and either give the thumbs up to the hostess if you instantly like them or thumbs down, think you can handle that?
Ha as funny as it may seem it works and the proof it this: Congratulations Ian, your review like most all others mattered.
EVA’S BRICKHOUSE HAS REACHED ANOTHER MILESTONE 350 5 STAR REVIEWS!
#2 IN 5 STARS OF 1,378 RESTAURANTS ON TRIP ADVISORS PACIFIC COAST SITE!

Not bad for a restaurant that averaged 7 clients a day during the high season! Hey Ian if T.A. had a rating system for class and quality of client’s, Eva’s Brickhouse would be rated number one in the world!
Thanks for dropping in, for the review and for telling your parents they had to come here, they showed up a few of days later saying you sent them.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Owner is a neat guy and makes great ribs. Not fancy, just good food and conversation. Looks right into the marina. Little put off by the fish delivery trucks parked next door but smell does not come inside.

Visited April 2014
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thanks Jim,
I am happy to hear you purchased a place just a short walk down the beach. Next time you come down give me a heads up and I will prepare a three course Italian meal you are sure to enjoy. Last night was "Little Italy" night, I handmade a couple different types of raviolis some liguini along with three or four other authenic dishes for friends down from Brooklyn just like Mamma used to make.
Take care and say hello to the family,