“Nice But Know Some Facts......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Fernando
Golden Jubilee
Save Saved
You added Golden Jubilee to your Saves list
15 Railway Ave., Plaisance Village, San Fernando, Trinidad (Formerly Marion's Place )   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in San Fernando
Orlando, Florida
“Nice But Know Some Facts......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

First of all this place is no longer named Marion's Place it's called Golden Jubiliee and it's a neat guesthouse and Home for the aged. Same compound but different buildings. The place is very quiet and affordable approx $500.00 per night. I encountered a $100.00 key deposit which is refundable which is ok on return of the key. Oh I forgot to mention that I stayed with a friend of mine who was male. Now upon checkin everything was quite ok cause i guess they thought we were married and I stress married. We were surpposed to stay a couple of nights and what happened was that on the afternoon of the first day we had an emergency back home and had to leave and checked out. Now on another occasion I phoned the same place to make reservations to stay and the attendant on the phone asked if it was a couple I said yes she asked if it was a married couple which i found strange. Well i said the truth no and the attendant told me they can only book a married couple. I was so in shock I hastitated a bit then asked again and she said the same thing only married couples. Now i told her i stayed a whole day a month before and she said that it should not have happened. Well i finally booked somewhere else and did enjoy my trip anyways. Now back to reviewing on my one day at this place.There is a restuarant but you can only have lunch if you let them know before 9am if you would like to have what they are preparing. You don't have options. You aren't allowed in the restuarant if you bought food outside and want to have it in the hotel, but the front desk kinda let us in as when we asked about lunch there was none. The rooms are a bit small, there is a desk and chair, small refidgerator and its all clean. The pool is really nice though but when we went to the pool there were people who didn't stay at the hotel there which wasn't very nice. Now all in all it was not a totally bad experience but you need to call and confrim alot of things before checking in to this place. The contact # is 1-868-659-2584. I wonder now what would have happened had we stayed the full three days the month before and somewhere during that time they realized my friend and I were not marrired???

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
South Trinidad WI [Trinidad & Tobago]
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed at Marion's' place with my wife for 2 days and 1 night, I was a really nice place, secluded, safe, & clean.

Walk with your own food though or best if you go with a vehicle.

We stayed really long in the pool which is not big but perfect for a few, the pool side has beautiful landscaping.

The rates are suitable but the negative sides are:

The shower was not working too good, as the shower head needed changing in the room we stayed in.

Room 102, the walls are not very think as we heard people talking in the corridors.

Perfect for a low budget couples getaway but not for a more than 2 - 3 days stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

Stayed at this guest house for three nights. It is now known as Marion's Place. Basic accommodations but by far very good for the price. Breakfast was amazing....just called the kitchen and they brought it right up to my room every morning. Very good water pressure and almost too much hot water! Once you turn the hot water on in the shower there is no shortage. The only thing I would comment on is the walls are paper thin. There is no privacy as to what's going on in neighbouring rooms. Very pleasant hotel staff who were eager to please. Would definitely stay again!

• Liked — Great room for the price.
  • Disliked — Very thin walls.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

We stayed at the Mikanne when a friend of ours got married in San Fernando Trinidad. The place is a great value at 300(TT) per night (about $50 US). The hotel staff was pleasant and worked hard to help us. The hotel itself is off a main road far enough that it is always quiet but close enough that catching a taxi or maxi to San Fernando or places north was simple. The rooms are nice and have air conditioning. We ate at the hotel restraunt once and it was great (though there is only one meal they serve). Note that the restraunt is open only from 10-2pm so dinner and breakfast need to be arranged elsewhere (note: KFC and a chinese restraunt do deliver to the hotel) We ended up staying in several rooms as the management was anxious to give us better and better rooms so a couple of things to be aware of: The walls are paper thin. Avoid the room next to the bar downstairs, the television is on all night and it can be clearly heard (we asked to be moved). If you can get it ask from room 112, it is a faboulous suite with a delightful little sun porch.

• Stayed December 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2004

Some friends of mine from Trinidad told me, about Mikanne's as a place to stay in Trinidad where you'll get the best value for your dollar. He was right. Never have been made to feel so important on anyof my vactions by any hotel's staff. Much appreciation goes out to the management and staff of Mikanne's. IN a nut shell, very affordable when compared to other hotels in the south of the island, very friendly hotel staff, truly great food, and the place is very well kept. They truly go out of their way to take care of their guests

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2003

very affordable, comfortable and elegant setting, with the friendliest of staff. They really made you feel that you were at home away from home.And I've never tasted food that good in my life. I recommend the food at Mikanne hotel to anyone who steps foot in Trinidad.

Been to Golden Jubilee? Share your experiences!