“A truly valuable experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“A truly valuable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We tried the tasting menu with 24 different tastes and practically everything was very delicious. The only thing I found rather underwhelming was the aubergine spread which was made in front of us by the waiter. It was cool to watch, though. If a foreigner were to get that menu they would truly get some very representative Greek dishes done very well. Me being Greek I could find no fault with them. The meats that came as main were very well cooked.

However, food aside, the main attractions of the place for me are its gorgeous location and the absolutely impeccable service. Very highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens
“!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

What a stunning natural and town background. Idyllic Greek prettiness, unmatched decoration, incredible ambiance, impeccable view and privacy! Very nice service. Excellent quality and variety of food. Unique ingredients, incomparable quality of meat. Truly amazing in every way, just 15 minutes driving distance from the center of Athens in one of the best suburbs with view, trees and a very affordable and approachable sense of luxury.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have travelled back and forth to Athens more than twenty times but only came across this restaurant ahead of my latest trip. I wanted somewhere different to show my girlfriend about politiki cuisine (or at least a twist on traditional Greek flavours). This place does not disappoint and I would go back in a heartbeat. The entrance and greeting by the staff made me realise I had made a great choice. We ate the 24 flavour menu and had enough food to feed an army, each dish was delicious. The good natured staff were helpful but not intrusive and the view and ambience completed a fantastic evening. We are already looking forward to our next visit. Alf

Munster, Indiana
“Don't miss this culinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Over the years, I have eaten at some of the very best restaurants in Greece.......but none of them even come close to the food quality, ambiance and service of Elaias Gi. I am a Greek-American who visits Greece three to four times annually. I entertained some Greek friends at this restaurant and they are STILL talking about the experience many months after the fact! We had the 24 item dinner and it was incredible. The starter, a trahana soup, was the best I have EVER been served, and that includes the one prepared by my 91 year aunt from her own homemade trahana. There was not one single item served to us that wasn't extraordinary. The entire meal was made all the more enjoyable by the outstanding wine selection and the attentive staff. The cost for my party of four, with an excellent bottle of wine, was 200 euros. If I could eat at only one restaurant in Greece, this would be it!

• Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Unbelievable taste, quality, and ambience. Simply incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

24 courses. Each one absolutely delicious. Amazing service. I really can't do justice to this place in words. You just have to go. Seriously.

• Visited September 2013