“Stay here.” 5 of 5 stars

40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 12 Maipu B&B and Inns
“Stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place to settle for a couple of days after staying at hostels for the past 2 months. A bit on the pricey side but only for us as we're on a round the world trip and on a tight budget. Amazing home from home with beautiful, thoughtfully decorated rooms. Only 3 rooms so intimate and peaceful. A great base to sample the delicious local Malbec.

• Stayed October 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned to USA from 5 days at Posada Verde Olivia. The experience was so unique, authentic, genuine, and warm that we both got a tears in our eyes when we said good bye to Julia. We felt like we were part of their family during our stay. We ate the wonderful dinner every night...be sure to ask Julia to make her home made pumkin soup! I told Monica it was my husband's 40 birthday and she and Julia made him a home made cake on our last night, which Julia's son decorated perfectly. Her husband Javier assisted in the BBQ on our last night and it was our best beef while in Argentina. This is the kind of place that touches your heart. Julia's smile and thoughtful way will stay with me always and I will never forget my time at her enchanting Posada.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had an amazing time in Posada Verde Oliva, we wish we could have stayed longer! Julia and her team were really friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Roaring fires, beautiful and spacious rooms, vineyards in the garden - such a beautiful place. Wine from their own vineyards was excellent, as was the empanada cookery lesson, the private wine tasting, the delicious breakfast and amazing home cooked dinner..we couldn't have asked for more! Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is the best place I've ever been. The moment we arrived, Monica welcomed us at the car. Not an overbearing "I want a tip" kind of greeting, but a refreshingly genuine welcome. Her smile radiated warmth and hospitality. The room was exactly as we hoped; impeccably clean, simple and adequate. The guest commons area, consisting of a dining room, living room and kitchen was cozy, clean and welcoming. Outside, the vineyard is intimate and immaculately manicured and maintained. The pool is COLD - but refreshing.

It's hard to describe the allure of this place, as there are so many things about it that are fantastic. But if I had to pick one thing, one compelling reason to return, it would be the people. Julia, Philipe, Monica, and their lovely elderly German Shepard Holly. When you're there, I believe they consider you part of the family.

The most memorable meals we had in Argentina were prepared for us by Julia and Monica, and they also tought us how to make empanadas and humitas (if you don't know humitas - trust me on this - you want to). We ate their wonderfully simple creations and drank their delicious Malbec.

I went to Argentina with a girlfriend, and came home with a fiancee. I knew I wanted to propose somewhere there but didn't know what the trip would present in terms of the perfect opportunity. Walking with her through the vineyards at Posada Verde Oliva presented the opportuity. She accepted and we're getting married in October.

I will say unequivocally that when - not if - we return, we won't even consider staying at another place.

If I have to dig deep and give one word of caution, I would suggest ear plugs for the night time. The guest quarters are very close to a seemingly residential road, but at night - for whatever reason - it gets very busy with either racing cars or motorcycles... Simple earplugs worked fine for me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Yellow Springs, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband his brother and another couple all stayed at this wonderful Oasis, Posada Verde Olivia in late March 2012. Julia and her team, Monica, etc did everything they could and more to make our stay just wonderful. We ended up eating there every night as we did not have a car and not many restaurants close enough to walk to. But, instead of having the heavy meals, we had smaller things, like soup one night and chicken tacos another. Julia and her husband prepared for our last night a great Asada. The rooms are wonderfully appointed and we loved having the run of the whole building and having Julia so close by. The veranda was great. Julia also makes some wonderful wine and olive oil products. I treated myself to one of the best massages I have ever had. If we go back to Argentina, we would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Instead of getting a car, we arranged for Maurcio Molina to be our tour guide. He took us to some wonderful spots. Another excellent value.
Carol Yellow Springs, Ohio

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This little inn is an oasis about 15 minutes outside of Mendoza. From the minute the iron gates rolled open and we saw the beautiful property with olive trees, grape vines, and a lovingly restored farmhouse we knew we had arrived in heaven! And that was before we met Julia - the owner/manager who anticipated our every wish before we were even aware of it. She was extremely accommodating. What a wonderful and special alternative to a big hotel. I cannot recommend this posada highly enough. Make sure to try her wine...
It was hard to tear myself away from paradise at the Posada Verde Oliva.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and I think they are fairly equivalent.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is a quiet and tranquil posada with a fabulous owner and excellent staff. Nothing is too much trouble and I cannot praise them too highly - from having a wonderful home made dinner ready for us when we arrived late (we had not booked ahead, they just thought we'd need some dinner), excellent wines, olive oil and soap/shampoo all made from their own produce.

Julia, the owner and Monica, her right hand woman are ust a delight as is the place.

Andrew and Rachel Richardson

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Posada Verde Oliva? Share your experiences!