“Nice &Simple” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Store Bay Holiday Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Store Bay Holiday Resort
Store Bay Local Rd, Crown Point, Tobago   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
“Nice &Simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at store bay holiday resort for one night (07/09 -08/09/2013), i must say this place is clean and comfortable. The room (209) consists of a full kitchen, which we did not use, room was very clean and put away nice, the a/c unit work well, bed comfy, clean bathroom. Great location walking distance to and from the airport, also close to storebay beach. Nice dining options around, also a mini mart. pool warm and clean, friendly reception staff, i did enjoy my short stay and will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at a studio apt and it was quite clean and was thankful there was a microwave. It's not a 5 star hotel but a very simple, clean and comfortable apartment. Everything is nearby within walking distance and the pool even thou small, it was awesome. Environment was clean, customer service was good and I was happy. The downside of it...there was no accomodation for hanging your wet clothes indoor, no hand towels provided and you can hear everything in your neighbour's apt, luckily I didnt have to hear much and no blow dryer in rooms, however on my departure, after filling out feedback form, I was told that if you needed to use a blow dryer, just ask at the reception area. That would have been very helpful to me had I known that. All in all, i enjoyed my stayed there and all the staff were very pleasant to me, and oh, I had the most comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Store Bay Holidays is a great base for getting around the island. Excellent location. A short walk from the airport and to the beach, Store Bay that is.
There is a little corner shop for basic supplies and places to eat at Store bay where I enjoyed curry crab and dumpling.
Bring your own supplies where possible, like tea, sugar etc
Don't expect four star but it serves its purpose well. Touring Tobago is what it's all about!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I enjoyed my trip to Tobago, mainly because I was in Tobago. Store Bay Holiday Resort is definitely not a resort of any type. For certain, it's a few minutes walk from Store Bay and a few other great dining places so the location is great. All service staff were very pleasant and accommodating and the grounds outside the rooms was gorgeous (including one of the nicest pools I've ever been in) but that's where it stops.

The place is located on a corner and there are bars across the road on both sides that play music very loudly until the wee hours of the morning and it cannot be blocked out if you're in an upstairs room close to the road, ie, no sleeping for you. And if the music isn't keeping you awake, then the uncomfortable bed is. I woke up with shoulder and back pains :(
The apartment which comes with a bedroom (sleeps 3), bathroom and kitchenette (microwave, gas stove, 4 slice toaster, refrigerator) was relatively clean except for any mats which looked and felt as though they haven't been cleaned in a while. Also, the wifi that's free for use doesn't reach as far as some rooms so you'd need to take a walk outside to get connectivity.

All in all, I won't be staying here again because if there's one thing that's needed after a fun filled day at the beach, it's a good night's sleep!

• Stayed January 2013
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms are small and uncomfortable. The bathroom door opens directly into the kitchen. The "resort" is located on a major roadway, and to make things even worse, there is a metal grill that covers a drain that runs across the road, so the room that we were placed in was very noisy, could not sleep, heard every car, bus, truck and bicycle that passed by. Not to mention the bar next door that was blasting loud music till sometime time after midnight. In the room where my parents stayed, there was a horrible stench, house keeping said they could not find the source and that was the end of it, so we had to endure the stench for the entire 7 horrible nights we all stayed. There were roaches, not to mention the view from the deck; it was of full of muddy water and there were chickens, ducks and some goats. The bathroom curtains were filthy with mold. It made me feel like it was an icky public bathroom that i was showering in and didn't want to touch anything. When i asked for an iron, i was told that it was in use and i had to wait, so apparently there is only one iron available for the entire "resort". No blankets provided. The safety deposit box is an old wooden set of drawers with some tiny keys, located in what seemed to be a "junk" room". When i saw it i told the girl i don't feel comfortable leaving my valuables there and i just kept all my stuff. The beds are some poorly put together pieces of wood, that were obviously cheaply made. This has been absolutely the worst week i have ever spent in Tobago. We only stayed there because it was the only place available on short notice after something went wrong with our original booking. For the cost this place is certainly not worth it. I will never go there nor will i advise anyone to go there if you are going on vacation.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Store Bay Holidays was originally a hotel that I'd excluded from our list based on some of the reviews I'd read. However, while in Tobago we chose to visit the structure and the staff at reception was quite friendly and easy-going about it. Surprise, surprise: I LIKED what I saw and couldn't understand where the horrible reviews about tiny rooms and unpleasant staff came from at all.

So we stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The facility is about 10 minutes walking distance to Store Bay and so is near to shops, restaurants, bars and the airport. The kitchen contained everything one could need: microwave, kettle, 4 burner stove with oven, refrigerator and various utensils. I was pleased that the TV was in the living area and that the bedroom was reserved for sleeping in peace and quiet.

The bathroom was always clean and all the rooms were spacious. Upstairs there's a wide terraced area with porch swings so one can relax and enjoy the evening breeze. The pool was clean and not crowded while we were there, even though it's a pool shared with the sister hotel Bananaquit next door.

My one gripe was that our freezer wasn't working: however, while waiting on the technician, the staff allowed me to keep my goods in a freezer in an empty room. The technician never did come (I guess he was on Tobago time) but I liked how the staff handled the problem: I had a satisfactory solution for the time I was there. I'd recommend that the entire refrigerator be changed, though - it was visibly old and not in tune with all the newer furniture and appliances in the kitchen and the apartment.

A particular thank you to Allison at reception - she really went all out to be sure we were comfortable. I'm glad I didn't just close my mind when I read some negative reviews. I now more firmly believe that one must take these reviews with a pinch of sea salt and make one's own decisions based on experience. I nearly missed out on a great stay because some other people had a bad time or what they considered a tiny room...

We're looking forward to returning to Store Bay Holidays!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
sangre grande
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

this hotel is quit kool...location lovely .....parking very tight.....pool sud b open rite through ....service was great.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Store Bay Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!