I've been visiting the Tropikist last week with my girl-friend and 8yr old daughter and we all loved it. It's a very good mid-class hotel, and you get what you pay for ! Don't expect luxery from Hilton class, that's out of their league. The surrounding of the swimming pool is absolutely grand, so is the garden around it and the sea view. Some words of advice though:
- the hotel is very close to the airport, especially the Boeing 777's are making a lot of noise but luckely the only come by 2-3 times a day. Other plains are small and from the swimming pool side you hardly hear them.
- the standard rooms are low-budget and you get what you pay for (basically a room with a bed and a shower). Try to avoid the standard rooms at the front sight of the hotel, here the 777's land for your room door ;-( and a/c's are old and make a lot of noise.
- we've asked for an upgrade after 2 days in a standard room and the new superior rooms are excellent. They are kept more clean than the standards, have sea view all of them and airfan on the ceiling as well as new a/c's
- were earplugs if there is 'live music' ;-)
The restaurant is pretty good but somewhat expensive for island standards (all meals are quoted in USdollars and normally around 20,-). The new restaurant manager is a nice guy and does his best to improve it and keep the standards high. He can't break iron with hands though, and if he's gone for a day ... the staff is more relaxed and not always to the advantage of the guests ;-( Breakfast is well taken care of and the dining facilities are just great ... no walls, sea view and this warm caribean breeze ... lovely !
Tobago itself is just what we needed ... no huge tourism facilties, night clubs, fancy restaurants etc. .. but a pure caribean island, extremely relaxed .. but don't come by if you a looking for entertainment. Have a walk to pigeon bay beach facilities ... just great and bago bar has good sool foud !
Enjoy it in a relaxed way !
- Also Known As:
- Tropikist Beach Hotel And Resort
- Tropikist Beach Hotel Crown Point
- Hotel Tropikist Beach
- Tropikist Hotel Tobago
- Tropikist Beach Hotel
- Tropikist Beach Hotel Tobago
- Tropikist Tobago
- Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort Tobago/Crown Point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Medium grade hotel facing Store Bay at Crown Point close to the airport and local restaurants. 64 bedrooms - large with twin or king size beds, patio or balcony, cable TV, air-con, mini fridge, en-suite bathroom. Superior and deluxe rooms larger with guaranteed sea views. Bayside restaurant for breakfast, Sunset Bar & Grill for lunches and dinner. Set in tropical gardens with 2 pools, open air jacuzzi overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.