“Watch out” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sandy Point Beach Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Sandy Point Beach Club
You added Sandy Point Beach Club to your Saves list
Crown Point, Tobago   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Watch out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We have stayed at other hotels in Tobago so we have a good reference point, Sandy Point is very average with poor servce from thier manager. We had confrontations with the manager on two ocasions - not what you need when you are on a beach holiday. We had our beach bag stolen right beside the front desk. In our beach bag was our snorkle sets, rash guards and 4 beach towels supplied by sandy point. The staff was complacent when we had said that we had our bag stolen and only advised that we were responsible for the towels. No offers to check the security cameras set up right beside the front desk. Upon leaving we were charged 25 dollars US per towel for the stolen towels, which we believe was a outragous price for old beach towels. To add insult the manager refused to talk to us, as result it took 40 minutes to check out. We had a flight to catch so we reluctantly signed off on the bill and wrote a note on the final statement that the towels were stolen on site. The staff and manager refused to photo copy the invoice I signed. Tobago is a lovely island but we would never recccomend this facility to anyone. Vancouver, BC

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Checking in with a large family most of us from Trinidad. Front desk staff asked my brother who is trinidadian- if he was sure that he came to the right place. Talk about condescending. the guard was too personal and asked for our phone number. The staff was rude and unprofesional An otherwise relaxing place that is idel for families. Lovely location and very relaxing. Will visit again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
newfoundland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The first day we witnessed a scolding by one staff member to someone who had accidentally brought food to the wrong hotel, certainly not the delivery guy's fault, yet he was treated in a disgusting manner in front of hotel guests.

Management embarassed me by saying that I was claiming a discount as a local without proper identification, certainly a valid situation, however I tried to explain that I was unaware of the requirement, to no avail. Again this was done in the presence of other visitors.

The restaurant staff were totally unprofessional refusing to even acknowledge our presence, their communication was unacceptable, resorting to points and gestures rather than a face to face dialog.

The beach though beautiful was littered by a concrete pier left over from another time. Certainly an effort could be made to remove the decaying debris.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We had stayed at this resort in 1993 and then again in 1995 and decided because of the location and price to stay there again. We found the resort to be in even better condition and the grounds were beautifully landscaped. The staff was very helpful and really very nice. We found this place to be a great spot for families. It is very quiet and peaceful place. It is very close to the airport, but you don't even hear the airplanes flying over the resort. If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive and a nice place to stay, Sandy Point is a good place to choose.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

The rooms are clean enough with lots of sleeping area. The kitchen is well stocked but at check-in you are given a list of 1000 items. You must verify that these are in your room or at check-out you will be required to pay some rediculous prices. This process will take you about two hours. Guards have guests under the microscope. Children are not allowed to make noise I was made to believe and guests are constantly chased from the hot tubs. The restaurant lacks variety and is very expensive. The bar closes at 10:pm!!! There is little night activity. I think this hotel is more suited for retired couples

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Sandy point beach club is very nice to stay in tobago.It was very relaxing.The only downfall there is the un-educated workers there.They are so dumb and pathetic especially USHA ,ELVIRA and the fat one by the front desk.They were very racial and treated people really nasty and full of attitude.I disgusted that the most.If these people could be changed out Sandy Point Beach club would be the ideal spot.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Been to many fancy hotels and resorts but you will never get this much fun and relaxation and kindness for your money elsewhere! The beach was small but we swam and snorkelled there. Lots of activities and even nicer beaches nearby...rent a car.........you will have more fun! Snorkelling and scuba was enjoyed and superb underwater scenery, Big Bubba is a well experienced and very professional teacher. Elvira's rum punch was exceptional, tasted better than the $9 ones on Royal Caribbean cruise lines. My children LOVED the play ground and play house, my husband and I even got on the gigantic seesaw and laughed like we were kids again! I hope it never breaks! Loved the location, though near airport not many planes daily, lovely pier to walk out and fish (the lend out free rods!), loved the birds, the view, the sauna, the hidden hottubs and most of all the quietness. No vendors harassing you like in Mexico and the food is delicious and would not make you sick. We ate mostly local foods except for some pizza. I recommend that everyone try the local foods and eat lots of healthy fish! Skip the steak for once!

The tours were fun, and we especially enjoyed the glass bottom boat rides and jet skis and the Princess boat tour. The Nylon Pool is amazing, being able to stand in the middle of the ocean, it is like a huge kiddie pool but with no land nearby! I did feel 10 years younger after Tobago, and my skin glowed for weeks! My boys went crazy jumpin off the boat into the "pool". I also loved that they had so many extra beds in the villas, we rented two, but could have actually stayed in one (all 7 of us!). It even had a trundle under the twin beds! My only regret is that I could not have stayed longer, I will miss the African drums, the game nights, the free use of grills, rods, snorkelling gear, tennis gear (small court but fun).................YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE ANYTHING OTHER THAN CLOTHES AND YOURSELF ! They were not kidding about that little gift shop..........IT HAS EVERYTHING.......how, I do not know!!!! Utensils and towels of every kind, the kitchen has everything like back at home, you can make cookies from scratch in this kitchen! Blenders, mixers, pizza trays...the works!

Loved all the beaches and we sure did go to ALL........even a long drive to Parlatuvier beach and Englishman's Bay (was on Travel Chanel top 10 so I had to go!). Worth the drive, loveD the rawness of the Island! If you want fancy resorts , with annoying waiters, tons of beggers and fake cemented waterfalls try Jamaica! TOBAGO IS UNTOUCHED AND GORGEOUS AND I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY!

ps: After showing our friends and family our Tobago videos and underwater shots....................we now have about 16 persons going this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we come TOBAGO! (we had originally planned to go back to Punta Cana, DR but this trip cost us less and has more tours planned!) See you soon Sandy Point Villas :)

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Been to Sandy Point Beach Club? Share your experiences!