“Is this 'heaven'?” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Is this 'heaven'?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I spent one week in Tobago. Great vacation!! Based on the reviews on this site, I chose Kias. Wise decision!! First let me start with location. Absolutely beyond my expectation!!I.Walking distance to the best beaches on island, restaurants all around, entertainment across the street grocery, pharmacy etc near by.

Unfortunately I had prepaid for a car for the week but didn't use it much as I could've walk most places and it was stressful driving on the other side of the road. Secondly , the staff was amazing , helpful and very friendly. Joycelin is a sweetheart. Even made me some of the local food .dumplin and crab.Thirdly the studio I booked was more than I expected. It was clean with nice little kitchen , flat screen tv and super cold air con which I had to turn off in the middle of night.

I say without hesitation I highly recommend "Kia's Across from The Beach"!! I have booked my place already for Carnival 2015., as I found out they get booked up really fast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Most of the time something will be called something like “Frankie’s on the Lake,” but you always wind up driving a mile before getting to the water. With Kia’s it was literally right across from one of the best beaches in Tobago and down the street from the airport. Anyone would have to give it 5 stars for location. At least 4 and a half for customer services. Jocelyn was a breeze to deal with. And price is what brought me there in the first place. Totally 5 stars for your wallet. For what I was looking for Kia’s was damn near perfect

- Dan Albright
Bronx, NY

Room Tip: I had one of the private suites. A few dollars more, but worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Kia's Guesthouse is very good located (just next to the airport but you won't even notice it) and has a familiar flair (not too touristic). It is kept clean by very friendly stuff. You have everything you need just around the corner (supermarkets, restaurants, beaches, bus-stations, taxis, Western Union, Banks etc.). The only deficit was the loud music (Soca) & especially the bass every friday night. The cock who is living in the garden was just disturbing during the first nights, than you get used to it and even appreciate it as it contributes to the natural flair of the island. We recommand this accomodation to everybody who is looking for best price quality (it's the cheapest guesthouse you will find in Tobago) and authentical flair at the same time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Kias is tremendous, clean, love the central location, the manager is very friendly and accommodating, imagine walking across the street to the beach, casinos, restaurants all at your finger tips, great people, the stay was rewarding will definitely be back, thanks Joshlyn you were marvelous.

Room Tip: rooms on the right side of the building are more accessible and has a varanda for late night social...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

After lots of time researching where we wanted to stay in Crown Point with our older parents (81 & 82) we chose Kias because of it's central location which would make it easy for our parents to walk anywhere we needed to go. Karen told me she'd make arrangements for a taxi to meet us as we arrived late. When we arrived the taxi was there as promised but we were told we were staying elsewhere. It happened to be in Bon Accord quite a ways away. The place was fine and the manager very nice but it was not what we had expected. I appreciate that Karen did send a taxi to meet us but she could've sent an email letting us know she was overbooked and we could've made other arrangements. We did stop by the property to talk to her but no one was around and the woman we talked to seemed to think it unlikely we'd find anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This guest house is one of the best so far on the Island of Tobago.
I visit Tobago four to five times a year for the last six years and stayed at many guest houses. Kia's hostess Jocelyn is one of the best. She caters to your every need. Want something special to eat, she'll prepare it...need a good tour guide, she can help you with that. Need a taxi ask Jocelyn.
The rooms are cleaned and well furnished. Some rooms have; micowaves, toaster ovens, hot plates, coffee maker and all utencils you require. Anything needed...just ask Jocelyn.
I stayed at Kia's for a month! I highly recommend Kia's Accross from the Beach.
Dr. L. Rosales,NYC-USA

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Oh my! Our experience at Kia's was beyond our wildest dreams! The manager, Joycelyn, is such a sweetheart and couldn't seem to do enough for us. Karen, the owner, blessed us beyond measure. And Sylvia, part time help, always brought her joyful spirit. We met lots of people from around the world at Kia's, sharing our different experiences. Yes, the music from nearby was loud some nights but we tolerated it most of the time and were able to sleep. The beautiful gardens were great to enjoy the quiet of the day or evening, just to relax and not do anything but watch the chickens. This is my 4th time to Tobago and my first time to Kia's. Next time I go back, I will stay there as I find my apartment as I am going to move to Tobago permanently to work in the government schools. Even when I live there, I will go to Kia's often because I've made such dear friends there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kia's Across from The Beach? Share your experiences!