“They thought of everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Native Abode

Save Saved
You added Native Abode to your Saves list
Native Abode
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   13 Fourth Street, Gaskin Bay Road | Bon Accord, Crown Point, Tobago   |
Offers & Announcements
$7 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
South, Trinidad and Tobago
“They thought of everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We only stayed for one night, but we were very tempted to stay for much longer after checking in. They really thought of everything! I was amazed at the service, amenities and the quality of the rooms and furniture for such a reasonably priced bed and breakfast. I really appreciated the free wireless internet, cable television and free international calls which really added value to the place so that I did not miss having a swimming pool...well almost didn't. I was even glad they had a wine opener too! The breakfast was just enough, and there was a wide selection of beverages to choose from, including freshly made fruit/vegetable punches. I highly recommend the carrot or avocado! On our next visit we really want to explore the northern side of the island and unfortunately it is quite a bit of a drive away, but seeing that the service and rooms were so lovely, I might very well make the sacrifice. It is located close to several bars, restaurants, supermarkets and only six minutes from the airport. More importantly it is about six to ten minutes from two of the best beaches in Tobago. Native Abode was recommended to me and we are definitely going to recommend them to anyone else!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Your open and honest comments encourages us. We are elated that our efforts to ensure you, our patrons, get value for your money is being appreciated. We look forward to serving you in the future.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Excellent service, Excellent facilities, Excellent breakfast and DEFINITELY Excellent bed! Native Abode surely has a good thing going. Kaye is a key asset to their success. She is very courteous, helpful and very accommodating. I would recommended this venue to anyone looking for a nice, comfortable, private place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Your heartfelt comments and endorsement is greatly appreciated. We were glad to be able to exceed your expectations.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and my husband stay at Native Abode for our honeymoon. From the moment we got picked up at the port to the moment we left was awesome. Breakfast every morning was great, we had homemade bake with salad and fruits, homemade juices, punches and it was great! It was truly a home away from home. We were made to feel as if we were part of a large family. It was also a great location not too far from the movies, beaches and shopping. The stay there was an experience that we would remember forever, not because it was our honeymoon but because of the extraordinary service that made our honeymoon extra special. We are definitely planning our one yr. anniversary to be at Native Abode. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We were delighted to create a memorable experience for your honeymoon and look forward to your repeat visit.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Native Abode is a lovely bed and breakfast. The room was so clean and fully stocked with everything you need. Everyone morning Kaye makes you a delicious breakfast and is always there to offer advice.

She organized both a glass bottom boat tour and an island tour for me. And was available to drive me to restaurants each night for dinner.

I would especially recommend staying here if it is your first time in Tobago and need some advice on what to see and do. And if you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your endorsement. We are glad we could make your first time in Tobago memorable.
Moss, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was my first visit to Tobago, and I stayed for 7 nights at native abode. I really felt at home there. It was great to wake up after a long flight from Norway to sunshine and birds singing outside my room, and a great breakfast.(home made bake, juices and a delicious punch, made from local tropical fruits and vegetables. The rooms are clean, tidy,quiet and so comfortable The staff are friendly, helpful and do their best to make their guests feel at home. The location is just about a 5 min. walk , catch a taxi which cost 3 or 5 dollars to pigeon point, the mall or to Scarborough. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling alone, or together with someone. When I visit Tobago again I know where I will stay!!!.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
It was our pleasure to help you have an enjoyable stay in Tobago. Thank you for your positive comments and we do look forward to having you with us again.
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I had some disappointing experiences in the past with hotels and guest houses and so we vowed to only stay at the well-known hotels - Hilton, Coco Reef etc. This year a friend referred us to Native Abode and based on the positive online reviews we decided to book. We were not disappointed in anyway! Native Abode is now our preferred place to stay when we're in Tobago. Our room was clean with comparable amenities. The service was great - they tried to assist as best they could. My husband is a big eater so the breakfast did nothing for him but I thought it was sufficient. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing on your experience with us. We have duly noted all your comments and will incorporate them into our efforts to enhance our offering to potential patrons.
trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

My stay at Native Abode was extremely quiet and relaxing. I must say thank you to Kaye.. The service was wonderful...got breakfast on time every morning...and i must say it tasted well especially the smoked tuna....the room was cozy, clean and the bed ahhhh slept like a baby...the location is fine just very quiet if you are looking to get away from the noise and you are just looking for relaxation Native Abode is just that.....I recommend it to anyone whose looking for a quiet relaxing time with their love one.....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Native Abode with the rest of the traveling fraternity. Your comments on your stay validates our efforts to exceed customer expectations.

Been to Native Abode? Share your experiences!