“Way over priced!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Douglas Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Douglas Apartments
You added Douglas Apartments to your Saves list
John Gorman Trace, Crown Point, Tobago   |
Toronto, Canada
“Way over priced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel many years ago. I have luckily visited Tobago many years after staying here and I must say that they absolutely hose you on the price. Yes, it is close to Store Bay. Yes, it is close to Pigeon Point and many other things. But, so is everything else in the area.

The year after I was able find just up the road comparable accommodations for 1/2 the price.

This is not to generalize Tobagonians, but wow...they need to learn how to negotiate.

The place is close to many things so, if price is not a factor this place is just ok.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maraval, Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hi unfortunately my friends had a Tobago lime here I usually always stay at one of the big hotels like Magdalena Gran or Turtle beach which are lovely magdelena gran is amazing but the price is in a completely different range from here you get what you pay for. I could get no service on my cell phone in my room the compound had lots of vicious mosquitoes we were badly bitten in the varander. Security wise this hotel has no gate or front fence it's on the main road so anyone can walk on the compound from outside late at night I felt unsafe sitting by the pool area the locks on the door was a small patch lock and the second lock had a key to turn looked old and loose. The cars were not secure in the hotel grounds as no security or gate even is provided. The room is basic and clean but ok if you on a tight budget but nothing normal at all it was $600 TTD a night for double occupancy but I will definitely not recommend here to anyone go else where with cell service in rooms and just not only in the yard and also a much more secure compound. The owner is not the most friendly person. For a small budget friendly place I stayed at enchanted waters years ago and it was very nice but I am not sure if it is the same but I had a great experience there. The best experience I have had in Tobago was at the Magdalena gran it was the best ever I can't wait to go back I do wish I could of convinced my friends from before to stay there it was my best Tobago holiday at Magdalena gran. Dogulas apts I don't recommend and will not be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
siparia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

again i must thank the Douglas for a remarkable time. we are from siparia trinidadand every year we visit Tobago and there is no where else we want to stay but by Douglas's Apartment. the place is so clean and the kitchenis so well kept. we are vegans and we use their kitchen to cook and i must say we had no problem with the hygienic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chaguanas, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

All that you want and think about in terms of service, was given here, it is a family oriented business and that stood out. Mr. Douglas of whom I did most of my business with was very friendly, helpful and encouraging to his customers.

Not forgetting his son, compliments to them both. The place was clean, tidy, quiet cool atmosphere, the pool well kept even though there were traffic on the roads, how the apartments are situated, you can not hear the noise emulating from it.

Hats off to this family oriented business and I did appreciate and enjoy every moment of it, I have been there a couple of times, and did come again and again with others to experience this atmosphere of peace, love and a place worthy to be called a hoilday getaway.

Room Tip: All are worthy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while on a SBA field trip way back in 2009 (tripadvisor is not allowing me to click the correct date).

You definitely pay for what you get. It is a guesthouse and not a hotel. With that in mind go with an open mind.

The good:
Located close to crown point, its a 20 minute walk to the beach and other entertainment options on that end of the island.

The owners are helpful and nice and will try to help as much as possible.

The pool is the bomb! It was clean and well maintained.

The bad:
The room I stayed in...the toilet seat was totally broken. So I had to squat 0_o

There are too many chickens. It seems that they are used to people since one came into our apartment, well cock up her foot and watched us in our faces. LOL

Ultimately I recommend this place. Very budget friendly and the pool....I can go on and on about this pool!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our experience was not the best one- (1) After the first night, my wife's skin was scratching. We requested that the sheets be changed to which the owner agreed. He even offered to wash the sheets in a specially medicated detergent, for which we were very grateful. The owner's wife, however, was not accommodating as she made it her point to question me-"what could possibly be in the sheets"? A statement which i believe was very arrogant and not Customer service friendly at all. (2) We booked 6 nights and therefore believed that we would be entitled to some basic room service- take out garbage, change of towels etc. We did not get any of this until we called the office on our 5th day! The son however, apologized profusely saying that we were not on the list for upkeep! Hence the reason we were left out. (3) on noticing the son extending hospitality to us, again, the wife confronts us saying the sheets were changed earlier in the week- an issue totally unrelated to take out garbage and change of towels. Imagine what would have happened if we asked them to change the sheets that were there for three days! (4) the shower in our apartment (1st apartment) was broken and flowed inconsistently. While the apartment was well stocked, the pool ok (terribly burned eyes though) and located close to beaches and food, the service aspect took away from the overall experience.

Room Tip: If you are offered the 1st room, ensure the shower is functional
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

went to douglas apartments on the 14-17 march 2013 with another family couple,and believe it or not ,you have to see for oneself it is a very homely inviting place if you don't watch your self youcan make it your next home if you are a relaxing kind of person, there is a peace and warmth that many of the hotels i went to is lacking and there in this little island of Tobago you can get to unlease yourself and be your self ,i took the double apartment which was well comfortable and had all amenities you need, the swimming pool was very inviting and clean there is also a barbecue pit that you can do your stuff if your needs be ,and you are around walking distance to every thing ,so lets give credit where it should be ;to the Douglas's your place is a WOW and we will surely be back.thank you /Nelson/hosten.

Room Tip: it seem like all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Douglas Apartments? Share your experiences!